• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 shaking really bad

F
Oct 16, 2008
Quebec
hi,
weeks ago i hit a rock at the tail of my rear suspension when i was wheeling( that sucker was out about 6 inch out lol never see it with my nose pointing the sky those things are awsome lol) and since it's shaking really bad from boards and steering. i checked everything on the rear suspension shaft,wheels, rail , everything.so i tought it was the driveshaft , i tried to checked it with a dial indicator but my result are inaccurate
here its an example of what i got but i have no clue if its right or not because my lowest result vs the higher ones are not at the opposite one another . if someone can give me an advice on how to mesure the runout of the shaft (if its possible) it will be nice or if anybody have idea on what else can be wrong for that shaking prob.
shaft.JPG

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I can't see how that type of impact would effect the driveshaft. Have you tried running the sled on a track stand? If your rear axle bent just a little bit it may be enough to make the wheels contact the drive lugs on the inside of track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F
Oct 16, 2008
Quebec
I can't see how that type of impact would effect the driveshaft. Have you tried running the sled on a track stand? If your rear axle bent just a little bit it may be enough to make the wheels contact the drive lugs on the inside of track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

me too but i began to be a little desperate and it was shaking alot in steering so i tought it would be this.

i checked it with a straigth edge and my axel wasn't bent but i will check that on a stand soon. if i find nothing else iM going to put it back together and ride like this until something break. its possible that i got wheel rubing issue

might be a flat spot in the belt.

if its that i will be pissed off hahaah i was so focus on rear suspension where impact happen that i forgot to check this :face-icon-small-blu

thanks i will check my strap

i also check my track and its ok

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Did you twist the spline on axle or jack shaft? Damage the chain?
Try to match the frequency of the vibration to the primary, secondary or track speeds.

F
Oct 16, 2008
Quebec
Did you twist the spline on axle or jack shaft? Damage the chain?
Try to match the frequency of the vibration to the primary, secondary or track speeds.

i checked my sprocket and chain and they were ok but i didn't stop on spline when i was there so i will check this tomorrow thanks alot.

in my hand my strap seem not to have a flat spot but im gonna try tomorow with the brand new spare one!

Last edited:

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Check all your bogey wheels as well.
Have seen some terrible vibrations come from broken or chipped wheels

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Outer (stationary) sheave is all that matters....inner will move quite a bit and will go where the belt puts it....quite a bit of play in the inner sheave. I would try a different belt and see if that changes anything.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Did you check your idler wheel bearings? I had a bad one on my sled last season and it shook pretty bad.

Also do you have a loose motor mount? Is your primary on tight and properly torqued? Is your brake rotor loose?

Premium Features