• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Storage Bags for your Ski-Doo

onedoubles

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2018
good video. I was wondering how the goggle bag fit in there, now it makes sense. Also, didn't know that the removable flap hooked on to the bag. Quite cool. Thanks!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
good video. I was wondering how the goggle bag fit in there, now it makes sense. Also, didn't know that the removable flap hooked on to the bag. Quite cool. Thanks!

Yes the goggle bag fits in a few ways and because it has become a lot tighter in there, it does not clip onto anything. and yes the slim waterproof bag has the drill marks on the inside to add the linQ snowflap, just not drilled so that those who don't have it , don't have holes in the top piece. Cheers dave

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Can the handlebar bag be put on the other way and still work with the heating element?

Just picked up the slim tunnel bag. Pretty cool but man is it heavy when empty. I would have liked some sort of way to organize the bag with dividers. I think the biggest miss was that Doo should have included a one-way burp valve that let's air out and not in. That way you can just roll it up without having to take time evacuating the air. plenty of dry bags have them now (Sealline comes to mind).

As a guy who just made the switch from Polaris, I have really started to miss their accessories. Burandts tunnel bag is the best I've seen. And easier to take on and off, which is a bit ironic considering that the Polaris cover actually covers the bag where as the Doo cover only goes to the seat for some reason? Grass is always greener I suppose.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cm7btqeEaCM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part numbers would help !

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Can the handlebar bag be put on the other way and still work with the heating element?

Just picked up the slim tunnel bag. Pretty cool but man is it heavy when empty. I would have liked some sort of way to organize the bag with dividers. I think the biggest miss was that Doo should have included a one-way burp valve that let's air out and not in. That way you can just roll it up without having to take time evacuating the air. plenty of dry bags have them now (Sealline comes to mind).

As a guy who just made the switch from Polaris, I have really started to miss their accessories. Burandts tunnel bag is the best I've seen. And easier to take on and off, which is a bit ironic considering that the Polaris cover actually covers the bag where as the Doo cover only goes to the seat for some reason? Grass is always greener I suppose.

The heated handle bar bag can be mounted the opposite Norona has mounted. However, the Y plug adapter does not come with the bag, nor does the heating element. Dumbest thing. I don't know why Ski Doo does this, my guess is to nickel and dime the customers to death. I bought the bag thinking it would be nice to have a handle bar bag that was heated. But after buying it and opening it up when I got home I realized that the heating element is sold separately &#55357;&#56398;&#55357;&#56398;&#55357;&#56398;&#55357;&#56398;. So the 100.00 bag needs another 45.00 invested to make it a "heated handle bar bag "... this also happens to me with the behind the seat bag. Bought that and got home only to realize that there is a mounting bracket sold separately &#55357;&#56398;&#55357;&#56398;&#55357;&#56398;&#55357;&#56398;. Such bullsh!t... Just sell me everything I need in 1 package and 1 price. Saves me trips to and from dealer and gives me a real price on what everything costs.. stupid. That being said, I love my 8fiddy, and my now Heated bar bag, and seat bag.

onedoubles

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2018
Yes the goggle bag fits in a few ways and because it has become a lot tighter in there, it does not clip onto anything. and yes the slim waterproof bag has the drill marks on the inside to add the linQ snowflap, just not drilled so that those who don't have it , don't have holes in the top piece. Cheers dave

I tried the new goggle bag location this weekend up on Buff Pass in extreme conditions. Worked great. Thanks for the vid and tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The heated handle bar bag can be mounted the opposite Norona has mounted. However, the Y plug adapter does not come with the bag, nor does the heating element. Dumbest thing. I don't know why Ski Doo does this, my guess is to nickel and dime the customers to death. I bought the bag thinking it would be nice to have a handle bar bag that was heated. But after buying it and opening it up when I got home I realized that the heating element is sold separately ��������. So the 100.00 bag needs another 45.00 invested to make it a "heated handle bar bag "... this also happens to me with the behind the seat bag. Bought that and got home only to realize that there is a mounting bracket sold separately ��������. Such bullsh!t... Just sell me everything I need in 1 package and 1 price. Saves me trips to and from dealer and gives me a real price on what everything costs.. stupid. That being said, I love my 8fiddy, and my now Heated bar bag, and seat bag.

Guarentee if it was 150.00 for the complete set, someone would be complaining that it is too much and that you should be able to buy the bag separately from the heating element. This is where the parts guy at your local dealer is dialled, or not, or always ask is there any other parts needed etc. as if you ask some guys if they have all the parts, they might get mad, thinking the shop is questioning their knowledge. It is definitely not to nickel and dime, it is to sell parts needed to those who do. Also anyone considering the behind the seat bag, don't buy it, the seat was designed to be low and small so you can get your foot and leg over, then you go an put that massive bag there. if you own one, ride without it for a weekend and the go back, you will take it off. cheers dave

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Guarentee if it was 150.00 for the complete set, someone would be complaining that it is too much and that you should be able to buy the bag separately from the heating element. This is where the parts guy at your local dealer is dialled, or not, or always ask is there any other parts needed etc. as if you ask some guys if they have all the parts, they might get mad, thinking the shop is questioning their knowledge. It is definitely not to nickel and dime, it is to sell parts needed to those who do. Also anyone considering the behind the seat bag, don't buy it, the seat was designed to be low and small so you can get your foot and leg over, then you go an put that massive bag there. if you own one, ride without it for a weekend and the go back, you will take it off. cheers dave

I think the issue is that Ski Doo advertises the bag as heated yet the bag is only heated when purchased with an optional heater. If they called it a Riser Bag and mentioned that it has a heating element as an option, people would be less chafed.

Q
Nov 28, 2007
Island Park, Id
Yeah it is clear and easy to list the particular part and then optional accessories for that part. I would think that most would want the bag only anyway so listing the heater and plugs as an optional accessory would be clear and easy to understand.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington

I have no issues with the height of the behind the seat bag for clearance with my feet when riding. My complaint would be selling me the bag, then having to buy the mounting bracket separate. Parts counter guys are always stupid. Brp should make it simple.

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cm7btqeEaCM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Dave for the videos,

Anyone else have to turn the handlebar bag around from the way it is in the video? I had trouble with mine inadvertently turning up my hand warmers when skis turned all the way to the left and popping off my tether when turned all the way to the right. Tossed me over the bars 3 times before I figured out what was going on... WFO too.. right in front of some girls.... not cool. I ordered the tall bag according to the dealer who set up my sled. Not sure I like it turned around because the gauge is now blocked while in the seated position. Should I have gotten the short bag?

Best part is... this is my only complaint on my 19 850X. These machines are amazing.

Thanks
Bru

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The handle bar bag is really nice and useful, not just the Ski Doo one too. I have the small Linq bag that goes behind the seat and I really like it. That hard shell medium size tunnel bag is a PITA. The inside bag part is WAY to big. It’s hard to figure out how much stuff you can put in the bag because it’s 5 times the volume of the actual shell. It’s also deep and dark and hard to find your black gloves, hat or balaclava in the deep dark cave it makes. Even when you get the stuff sizing figured out the inner bag takes up 25% of the total space because you have to roll up so much material. That bag is a huge miss for Ski Doo not sure how something so bag can make it thru design review and product testing.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
makes zero difference where it is mounted..unless your toting 48 beers which would probably bend the tunnel before causing you ever to get stuck. :face-icon-small-hap

It does make a difference because if you have the linq flap on the slim bag it's a PITA to get the shovel in and out. Would prefer to move the slim bag forward and attach the flap to the rear linqs. I still don't understand why the 3rd row linq is narrower than the other 2. There would be so many more options if all 3 were the same width.

N
Jan 26, 2014
My best guess would be that they made the third row narrower to “fool proof” the mounting so guys don’t run their fuel cans way at the back of the tunnel. On other brands i have seen many guys running mountain addiction or other brands of bags and fuel cans who put tunnel bag closest to the seat then put the fuel can last. This is just asking for trouble and completely dumb to mount so much weight that is somewhat dynamic due to the fuel moving in the tank at the weakest end of the tunnel

Premium Features