• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 new rail profile.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Anyone notice a considerable handling difference between the 17-18 Doo rails and the straight 2019 rails? Asking because I did, but also have aftermarket shocks on there, so can't really be certain that the rails is why the sled is better.
Mine is a 175, which doesn't slide out much anyway, but they still do. This year when laying it over on a slight hill and powering through a turn, it really holds it's line and lot better and doesn't try to come around as bad as previous years. Felt a lot like an Ascender cat. (I do have t-mo locked out, but did last year also.) I think the lack of tipped-up rails lets the sled stay more planted and not transfer back and pivot like previous years. Really looking forward to good snow and more testing.
Anyone else notice the same?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Me too, that is where the rails will make a huge difference!
And to be real honest, Doo either put a mini invisible turbo on the 19 sleds or they finally figured out the clutching. My 175 RIPS!

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
So after two solid days in really good snow....

The 154x3 is a total riot. I wouldn’t really even say it wheelies that bad (or do I mean that good lol)

Maybe the rails made a difference. Or maybe it really wasn’t all that bad in the first place.

I lowered the bars two riser sizes. Could maybe go a bit lower yet. And played with the suspension a bit.

All in all I’m super happy with it. Makes good power. The belt dropped a bit in the secondary but my break in wasn’t very kind or considerate. lol. Can’t wait to get out again.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
:) I have a hundy miles on mine, haven't looked at the belt, smelled it, or even though about it. Not the same in 17 and 18.
Looking forward to trying the 154, I think the rail profile change is a good thing. Polaris figured it out 5? 6? years ago and got rid of it.
I also put the lowest Doo riser on my 175. Locked T-Mo, foot hooks (glad we get to pay extra for a part of the sled that is supposed to be there), Polaris ski spacers to center the skis on spindles, and suspension. Works well, happy with it so far.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Bull**** how everything you order from Brp is not a complete kit. "Oh you didn't know you had to order the mounting bracket with that?".. stupid nickle and dime over priced BS. Ship me a product with everything I need in a complete price.?

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
I have one ride on mine (154x2.5) and I was surprised how well it holds a line after reading reviews (still has tmotion). It doesn't feel that much different then my fathers 18 mountain cat. Track hooks up a lot better than the 2.5 on my XM, not sure if it has to do with weight or track profile. Stock riser height felt pretty comfortable also.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Bull**** how everything you order from Brp is not a complete kit. "Oh you didn't know you had to order the mounting bracket with that?".. stupid nickle and dime over priced BS. Ship me a product with everything I need in a complete price.��

Not gonna lie, I do find some frustration in this area as well.

And sort of along those lines... A $17K sled should come with some form of toe holds in my opinion. That’s almost like selling you a dirt bike without pegs.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Anyone notice a considerable handling difference between the 17-18 Doo rails and the straight 2019 rails? Asking because I did, but also have aftermarket shocks on there, so can't really be certain that the rails is why the sled is better.
Mine is a 175, which doesn't slide out much anyway, but they still do. This year when laying it over on a slight hill and powering through a turn, it really holds it's line and lot better and doesn't try to come around as bad as previous years. Felt a lot like an Ascender cat. (I do have t-mo locked out, but did last year also.) I think the lack of tipped-up rails lets the sled stay more planted and not transfer back and pivot like previous years. Really looking forward to good snow and more testing.
Anyone else notice the same?

So I now ride Polaris but jumped on 2 x 175 Doo's to try them out. One was a 2018 and one was a 2019. I did not notice the rail difference but certainly did notice the gearing or clutching difference. The 19 seemed much lower geared and made it harder to control as it hit really fast and hard. Both transferred and collapsed the rear suspension really easy. They made my 850 Polaris seem too soft in the bottom end.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
So I now ride Polaris but jumped on 2 x 175 Doo's to try them out. One was a 2018 and one was a 2019. I did not notice the rail difference but certainly did notice the gearing or clutching difference. The 19 seemed much lower geared and made it harder to control as it hit really fast and hard. Both transferred and collapsed the rear suspension really easy. They made my 850 Polaris seem too soft in the bottom end.

Maybe that is it. (Gearing.) My 19 pulls HARD, better than my 18. I saw 73 on the speedo and it was still pulling hard, but a 175 3" is a lot of rubber spinning under my ass, so didn't want to push it.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Not gonna lie, I do find some frustration in this area as well.

And sort of along those lines... A $17K sled should come with some form of toe holds in my opinion. That’s almost like selling you a dirt bike without pegs.

Price Linq mounts. As I recall they are $25 a pair? I just buy another tunnel bag that comes with them so I have enough mounts for both sleds, and replace the bags yearly. (As long as they last.)

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Maybe that is it. (Gearing.) My 19 pulls HARD, better than my 18. I saw 73 on the speedo and it was still pulling hard, but a 175 3" is a lot of rubber spinning under my ass, so didn't want to push it.

18 and 19 are geared the same only difference is the primary spring.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
And whatever Doo is doing to fix it. Fan on the secondary, etc. Motor mounts they won't tell us about until the next year....
I thought the gearing thing was odd when I read it, but didn't have the energy to look it up. 73 and pulling hard didn't seem like it was geared down......

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The rail profile makes a big difference. I put 50 miles on my 154 Freeride today, after locking out T-Mo, lower riser, centered skis, newest belt. I put that silly thing in places that I never thought that I could. SUPER predictable. I could walk it up on the rear on hills when I wanted, but it didn't boot out on sidehills. Super impressed other than the recoil quit working on this one too.
I also noticed that it was able to crawl out of stucks, kinda like an Axys.

Premium Features