• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just a little something were working on...

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We added the spacer to the top of the spindle to keep the lower and upper arms parallel, it helps with bump steer.
The heim(ball) joints we use are pretty strong, but form all our other kits we have built and sold, they routinely are the part that fail the first, mostly we have had them bend. There a easy off the shelf replacement.
The "kit" as it sits right now in the pictures is set to 35.5" but with the ski spaces the kit can be set to 34". For the more adventurous the heim(ball) joints can be threaded in further to further narrow the front end. The turning radius is also increased by 10deg. Our kit for the proclimb also increased the turing radius by 10deg going from that to the stock G4 was like going from a car to a school bus!
Its also a +5" forward design like all our other kits.

L
Aug 17, 2014
sweden,boden
We added the spacer to the top of the spindle to keep the lower and upper arms parallel, it helps with bump steer.
The heim(ball) joints we use are pretty strong, but form all our other kits we have built and sold, they routinely are the part that fail the first, mostly we have had them bend. There a easy off the shelf replacement.
The "kit" as it sits right now in the pictures is set to 35.5" but with the ski spaces the kit can be set to 34". For the more adventurous the heim(ball) joints can be threaded in further to further narrow the front end. The turning radius is also increased by 10deg. Our kit for the proclimb also increased the turing radius by 10deg going from that to the stock G4 was like going from a car to a school bus!
Its also a +5" forward design like all our other kits.

Do you have any website? Whats the name of the front end and when is it ready for shipping? Does it acts like a ac at sidehilling when it is 5” forward?

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
35 inches wide and 5 forward. Are you guys trying to compete with the snowbikes?

Just keeping up with the trend, narrower side panels running boards etc.

Do you have any website? Whats the name of the front end and when is it ready for shipping? Does it acts like a ac at sidehilling when it is 5” forward?

Were in prototype phase right now. So hopefully soon. We do have a website just search for Barcode Performance

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Been hoping you'd come up with something for the G4. I know on your kit for the Proclimb you needed to trim some o the bulk head to fit the tie rods. That would be deal breaker for me, if the cast bulk head needed to be cut. Its already pretty sensitive.

Bulk head is untouched. Uses stock tie rods too.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
parallel a-arms arent always good, you know that right?

have you figured out how the center line of the carbide travels through the suspension stroke vs stock? ie as your suspension cycles, what happens to your ski stance.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So bump steer seems to be about the least important thing I would worry about on a mountain sled. The slight change in steering angle thru the full range of motion of the front suspension would have minimal affect to what the sled is actually doing in the snow. There are SO many variables in deep snow I doubt even gross bump steer changes could even be felt. I guess there wasn’t a quick answer to my question of WHY???

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Remember prototype stage.

But for what its worth, the top of the spindle is on a angle not flat. So by adding the spacer it helps with the size of the upper arm, giving us more space for the shock. We realize that bump steer maybe not on the top of the list. But any little bit of advantage we can add to when the sled may be on trail. We'll take.

The ski stance acts like it does on the stock set up.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Remember prototype stage.

But for what its worth, the top of the spindle is on a angle not flat. So by adding the spacer it helps with the size of the upper arm, giving us more space for the shock. We realize that bump steer maybe not on the top of the list. But any little bit of advantage we can add to when the sled may be on trail. We'll take.

The ski stance acts like it does on the stock set up.

you have convinced me that you don't know what you're doing. others will likely give you money though.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Holds a side hill better and way more stable on edge. We've got some Floats on the way, but were committed to make the kit work with stock shocks.

1q1q1q1q.jpg

Premium Features