• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Öhlins shocks.

P
Mar 3, 2013
Öhlins shocks.

if anyone likes to drool. i sure do.

MG_8982-768x512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
They going to distribute those things in the US or what?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Those look delicious! I would buy in a heartbeat if available. I used to rebuild these in Alaska for Iron Dog guys, they are very nice.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
My buddy ordered a set on his summit... 2000€ hole set.. Thats cheap in Finland!!

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Is the Quality that much better than the big names already here ?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Euro compared to USA these days.

I think that Ohlins were the best on the market a while ago... and continue to make are a great shock.

BUT....
The USA development of sled specific shock packages in the last 10 years, with a large customer base, has brought about domestic R&D 9with the input of talented riders/owners0... to a whole new level!

In no particular order... The offerings from Fox (spring & air), ELKA, Raptor, EXIT/ZBroz have met or exceeded the standard, in terms of quality and performance, laid down by Ohlins a while back... and, IMO, have better mountain calibrations on their shocks. Build quality is also top of the heap with any of these shocks.... I'll include Ohilns as one of those too.

With less customer support ease of access for USA/Canadian customers when compared to these other brands.... Öhlins, for me, is left with less "plusses" on this side of the pond.

My 2¢

Last edited:

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
mountain/soft snow specific shocks

MH , just to further a point you mentioned on the mountain specific shock calibrations ,
which of the big names on this side of the pond cater to specific deep snow calibrations ?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
If you visit a Swedish Championship, or any other major Scandinavian snocross event for that matter, you will find that a large majority of the sleds are öhlins equipped. They are THE shock to beat when it comes to quality.

That said, a full set of Öhlins competition shocks will cost roughly half as much as a new sled if you are not a racer on a racing contract.

The shocks they build for the "civilian" market are less costly but not cheap. As MH says, on your side of the pond it makes sense to get shocks with easier access to service and support.

By the way, you seem to have distributors over there
https://www.ohlins.com/contact/distributors/

J
Dec 4, 2007
Northern Sweden
My buddys summit.
a6a06c0148ae6412a6740059add5b5de.jpg
4bd21f7dc923efb19c930d0527e9846f.jpg
7cc70177337b52ae027d0ef15af3fb5f.jpg

@Fudge my finnish broh. Half finnish Johan here from "tornionlaakso".

I just email Öhlins in Skellefteå Sweden about shocks to my Summit T3 and saw your photo here. I was thinking if you heard more input from your buddy about the Öhlins shocks. I was wondering if can you still ride comfy after rough trails with softest settings, Rebound and compression on the rear shocks to?

Any input are very interesting to hear from him!

Thanks a lot!

Premium Features