• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Intake vent comparison/Cold air intake

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
So, I have an 09 M1000 Snopro 162. I've got the SLP pipe kit on it, Cutler's clutches and clutching, V-force 3 reeds. I bought it from a dealer this summer with 800 miles on it, and he didn't have an aftermarket intake??? So I don't wanna spend 200 bucks on the black boxx by BDX and I think SLP's intake seems so simple that i could do my own. So that's what I'm venturing out to do. I'm a tight-wad and it's a pride issue.
The point:
Should I use POWAIR INTAKE or SLP Flow-Rite vents? I'm planning on using both principles of the 2 intake systems using the existing air box. Frog skinz on bottom with hood vents cut right above the intake horn. I'm not set on my design but that gives the idea. Suggestions??? Input?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I too use the SLP and it works great. It keeps the stock air plenum system in place so your sled won't bog out in the deep, deep stuff.

However, it doesn't save the weight the BDX box does. For the record, I sold my BDX kit and still use the SLP kit today.

Check Ebay, I found mine dirt cheap.

Premium Features