• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil Leak on 97 MM HELP??

Last nite i installed bar risers on my mountain max. Put brand new oil throttle cabels and a braided brake line. when we got the sled back together there was a puddle of oil on the ground. Then in the morning i went out and the oil level had dropped about 3in. We have been working on it all day and cant find where the leak is coming from. The only thing we found is one of the bolts that holds a line to the pump was about half a turn loose. Could this of been causing the problem?

Any advice or simmalar situations would be very helpful.
Thank you,
Spencer

4strokeperformance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
oil leak

I had the exact same problem and it was the hose on the bottom of the oil tank. Replaced it and problem was gone. Hose was definately tired. Good luck.

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Fill the tank with oil and put a SMALL amount of air pressure on the tank and watch for leaks. With the air pressure it should show the bad spot fairly quick.

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
You can use the top fill opening or a hose coming off near the top. It's been awhile since I worked on one of these sleds so I don't remember if there is a breather hose or not-getting old.LOL Just regulate your air pressure way down and put a LITTLE pressure in the tank and look for leaks.

This is something I would try if I can't readily see the leak. It should work if it is leaking out on it's own. This should add enough pressure to force the issue.

Premium Features