• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil light on mm 700

Nov 9, 2010
Hey guys, I have a 2000 mm 700 triple and the oil light is on. It remains a solid red and not real sure what is causing it. The oil is full in the tank.
Thanks for any info.

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
Yeah I have seen it before on customers units, either it will stay on or flutter on and off. You will have to lower the level in your oil tank to change it. Good luck. Shad

Y
Nov 18, 2010
North Dakota
Be careful, my dad's 2000 MM700's oil light would turn on but go off when he gave it gas. Now the sled is sitting on the trailer rotten because we can't figure out whats wrong with his sled. It started over revving then died out. Everything locked up on the sled except the track, turned the clutch and everything unlocked. Start it now and it runs like crap. We thought it was a piston ring, did a compression test. Compression is good. Now the sled also backfires when running. Do a full inspection on the engine, clutch, lines, carbs, etc... hope this helps.

Premium Features