• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 patriot warranty

B
Jan 16, 2019
So if I buy a 2019 SKS 850 that was snowchecked and the guy backed out of deal , Dealer tells me I only get the one year warranty instead of four . Does this sound right , they say they talked with Polaris and that's all they can do . They will give me an extra year for 1900$

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I would wait till next year, and snowcheck one . Way to many issues with that motor to only have one year.

T
Nov 1, 2011
P'Tucky
Clearly this is open to interpretation by the individual dealer. I was told the warranty on a 2019 snowcheck 850 was only available to the person that snowchecked it. I would have had to work through that person, I passed.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
It depends on the dealer, and how they do the paper work. If they "sell" the sled to the original buyer that snow checked it, THEN transfer the warranty to you, its 4 yrs. If they just sell it directly to you as the first owner, then its 1 yr.

Either they dont know what there doing, or they are just trying to screw you into buying and extremely over priced extended warranty.

There is no way I would buy an 850 with a 1 yr warranty. Either wait a yr, or buy a used one that already had the 4yr warranty.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yah, it all depends on the dealer and how they work the paperwork, and if it was sold after the new year. Most snowcheck benefits are gone after the 1st of the year, all brands. If the dealer wants to fudge the paperwork.....

Premium Features