• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 trails west furnace

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have seen the 75k in action. It is awesome. Trailswest might want to look into that instead of an automatic ramp door that takes 5 minutes to get up.
Scott, just curious on the weight. They are heavy. Might have to chain up more. Did you just get it or di you sled out of it last winter?

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
I have a the 29' gooseneck its squats my F350 and I did chain up twice last year with it.
I also got stuck with my old trailer that is a 24' open Triton.
Mileage wise I get about the same. (Maybe .5 miles to the gallon worse ) That's pulling up to Cooke City via Sun Light.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have seen the 75k in action. It is awesome. Trailswest might want to look into that instead of an automatic ramp door that takes 5 minutes to get up.
Scott, just curious on the weight. They are heavy. Might have to chain up more. Did you just get it or di you sled out of it last winter?

Just got it.
It's heavy. My F350 rides REALLY REALLY nicely with 95lbs in the airbags.
If anyone was at Haydays, it's the black 33' with the weekender package they had there.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Almost a year later, still no mention of brand or model of furnace and now we are talking about air bags.

I hope buddy didn’t freeze to death.

:D:face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
What's the weekender package? Pics please.

I'll share a Google folder...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QSFZLecCEttEWjfW9

Pic settings won't let us upload pics because of size.
Weekender package has nice cabinets around the gooseneck, a memory foam mattress, pantry, fridge, microwave, awning, upgraded stereo, extra USB, 12v and 110 plug-ins, extra overhead cabinets, 3 extra benches, kitchen table/dinette, extra row of boot heater posts, two furnaces, extra exterior flood lights and some other smaller add-ons.

Last edited:

n2o

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
My rv furnace was short cycling due to not enough airflow going out and would hit the high temp limit. I was going to get a trails west and my plan was to install these inline with the floor ducting. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O8D0IC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I put 2 in my camper and it worked wonders in warming it up and no more short cycling. I just put a relay connected to the furnace fan wire. They are louder but it should get a ton more air to the track heating system.

Premium Features