• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle stuck, carb frozen, brake frozen

C
Apr 9, 2008
Castlegar, BC
Yikes. This has never really happened to me this bad before. My brake sticks on, and my throttle is closing WAY too slow! Not sure how to deal with this, and I don't really have access to a heated garage to thaw everything out... maybe I skipped a step in the old maintainance department? I'm a little hesitant to fire up the torch and aim it at the carbs/brake lever!

Whos got the tricks to dial 'em in?

S
Dec 27, 2007
Use a hair drier or heat gun set on the lowest setting to unthaw. After riding in deep powder, or on very cold days, at the end of the day when your done riding throw your choke on full to kill your machine. What this does is suck most of the water out of your carbs so that they are less likely to freeze.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
If you have problems with your carbs freezing on you while riding, get a set of hand warmers for your grips and stick them on your carbs, wire them up with a toggle switch, when it starts to ice up, flip the switch. Works great.

Premium Features