• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raze nitrous on a YZ450FX

P
Jan 8, 2009
Alberta
Is anyone else putting nitrous on a YZ450FX? I’m having trouble getting the ecm plug to release the wires, I’ll likely call raze tomorrow but thought maybe someone has done this and know the trick to it.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Ecu plug

Assuming your referring to removing the harness plug from the stock ecu, it has a clip on the side that faces toward the front. You have to compress the bottom of the clip and that releases the little clip/hook that holds the wiring plug in the ecu. It's difficult to see and a flashlight helps to find the clip. Good luck.

P
Jan 8, 2009
Alberta
Assuming your referring to removing the harness plug from the stock ecu, it has a clip on the side that faces toward the front. You have to compress the bottom of the clip and that releases the little clip/hook that holds the wiring plug in the ecu. It's difficult to see and a flashlight helps to find the clip. Good luck.

Thanks, I’ve got that apart, but you have to switch 2 wires and to do that you have take the wires out of the plug. The instructions say you can move a tab and de pin but I can’t get the tab moved to pull the wires out.

B
Nov 1, 2012
B.C.
Thanks, I’ve got that apart, but you have to switch 2 wires and to do that you have take the wires out of the plug. The instructions say you can move a tab and de pin but I can’t get the tab moved to pull the wires out.

Most ecms I've dealt with you need a little tool that slides up the wire into the connector and compresses the little spring clips on the metal socket connector inside the actual plug assembly.

P
Jan 8, 2009
Alberta
Most ecms I've dealt with you need a little tool that slides up the wire into the connector and compresses the little spring clips on the metal socket connector inside the actual plug assembly.

According to the instructions that’s not necessary for this style, the directions aren’t very clear being black and white and the instructions are lacking a bit. I’m sure once I figure it out it’ll seem really simple.

B
Feb 5, 2017
switching back to stock?

According to the instructions that’s not necessary for this style, the directions aren’t very clear being black and white and the instructions are lacking a bit. I’m sure once I figure it out it’ll seem really simple.

hello , have you swapped your ECU back to stock? i am in the process of doing this. but now the wiring that was spliced together is a bit of a pain.
do you happen to know the size of the PIN on the end of the wire that inserts into the ecu? as i have to put that back onto #25 to convert back to stock

G

GangGreen

Jul 3, 2001
Layton utah
raze ecu to stock

I have a 2018 yamaha yz450f and I am trying to convert the ecu back to stock. I think I have to change some pins in the connector, Does any one know how to do this?

Premium Features