• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ask your Lighting questions here

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I would like to extend an invitation for any that are interested.
I'm happy to answer any and all performance lighting questions for your Trailer, sled, truck or bike.
Thanks for the opportunity SW!!!

cappy23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2011
Which light

K went on the website and there's 4 different ones I'm lookin at. Solstice hid, the led adventure light, the next gen led, and the Phoenix hid combo system. Mostly used for mountain sledding, what would be the best choice.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
K went on the website and there's 4 different ones I'm lookin at. Solstice hid, the led adventure light, the next gen led, and the Phoenix hid combo system. Mostly used for mountain sledding, what would be the best choice.

The Solstice HID is my favorite and is what I use, It is basically the same light as the Phoenix, however it is specifically made for mounting on a helmet, NO compromises.Unlike any light that is designed to also fit the handlebars.

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
Off topic for this forum, but I'm guessing you will be at the 24 hour in Goldendale this weekend? I might need to rent/borrow/buy a spare li-poly charger from you if that would be possible. Pretty stoked with the Solstice so far, only ridden with it once to test it out, but that sucker is bright. Can't wait to use it for snow too. Great product.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Off topic for this forum, but I'm guessing you will be at the 24 hour in Goldendale this weekend? I might need to rent/borrow/buy a spare li-poly charger from you if that would be possible. Pretty stoked with the Solstice so far, only ridden with it once to test it out, but that sucker is bright. Can't wait to use it for snow too. Great product.

Thanks
Yes we always support the 24hr races. We will be at the T for the fire lane and pit road. Left side near the sign up trailer.
See you there!

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
I'm looking at a couple of different options, the penetrator 310, and the Phoenix for my snow bike. I'll need to go battery powered, and that is why i wad thinking the 310 over the 610, but I'd like something nice and bright, which i believe the Phoenix will be. My question is how long will the battery last with what comes in the kit with the Phoenix? If memory serves, the 310 well go up to six hours on a battery? Is the Phoenix comparable, or will i need more batteries? And its going to bed used as necessary, I'm not planning on riding at night, but it happens, and i don't want to be without light. Thanks!

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I'm looking at a couple of different options, the penetrator 310, and the Phoenix for my snow bike. I'll need to go battery powered, and that is why i wad thinking the 310 over the 610, but I'd like something nice and bright, which i believe the Phoenix will be. My question is how long will the battery last with what comes in the kit with the Phoenix? If memory serves, the 310 well go up to six hours on a battery? Is the Phoenix comparable, or will i need more batteries? And its going to bed used as necessary, I'm not planning on riding at night, but it happens, and i don't want to be without light. Thanks!

What bike are you on? there may be other options other than battery only.
We can run lights from most all FI bikes.
That being said. I ALWAYS prefer a helmet mounted light for night rides, however if one does not plan on night riding and only wants a get out of the wood solution then something mounted might be less hassle.
The penetrator 310 is a great light, quite a bit brighter than an automotive headlight on high, but certainly no race light. 5 hr run time per battery pack on the 310.
The Phoenix is a bit brighter with a longer throw.

Last edited:
C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
Ya, 09yz450... My friend owns dieselwerx, and the 610 is awesome, but I'm pretty well stuck with a battery until i upgrade my bike... And part of the reason im thinking the Phoenix is so i can switch between handlebars, and helmet easily, just to have options. Would it have similar battery life? Or does it eat battery pretty quick from being hid?

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
And also if you could shed some light (he he) on the options for the Phoenix, like the spot and flood with 2hr/4hr... So either light with 2 hours worth of batteries, and either light with 4 hours worth of batteries? Thanks

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Ya, 09yz450... My friend owns dieselwerx, and the 610 is awesome, but I'm pretty well stuck with a battery until i upgrade my bike... And part of the reason I'm thinking the Phoenix is so i can switch between handlebars, and helmet easily, just to have options. Would it have similar battery life? Or does it eat battery pretty quick from being hid?

I think the FI started in 2010, bummer:sorry: The Phoenix or solstice lights have 2 and 4 hr burn time options. Its twice the electrical draw of the 310
the LEDs will also run to a lower voltage than the HDs will so you get a bit more run time.
Thanks for the feedback on the 610:face-icon-small-hap

And also if you could shed some light (he he) on the options for the Phoenix, like the spot and flood with 2hr/4hr... So either light with 2 hours worth of batteries, and either light with 4 hours worth of batteries? Thanks
The spot and flood draw the same power. I highly recommend spot.especially on the helmet light.
Our batteries have the ability to plug in together or be run separately.
each battery yields 2 hrs run time on the solstice/Phoenix or 5 hrs on the 310

R
May 15, 2013
Honda snowbike lighting

I have a 2011 crf450r fi would your 610 or 625 run from the efi? And which one would you recommend?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I have a 2011 crf450r fi would your 610 or 625 run from the efi? And which one would you recommend?

We do now have a kit for the Honda and Yamaha EFI bikes
KTM EFI uses the basic MC kit
For snowbiking I would recommend either the combo(farther distance) or 625 better fill and still good distance.
I would not go with the straight 10 degree for snowbiking.

shortstuff

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Rigby, ID
Im interested in a helmet mounted light for sledding. Is there one that can run from sled power and have a battery option. I have a 2013 PRO RMK what are my options thanks.

Premium Features