• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Choices and Dilemma's

M
Jan 3, 2017
My wife and I have been sledding for 5 years now. We started out on a pair of 2001 Polaris XC's, we decided to upgrade to Rev chassis sleds and bought a pair of 04 Ski Doo sleds. Hers was an 600HO MXZ and mine is an 800 summit.

We recently sold hers and upgraded to an 08 renegade 600ho sdi. This gave her a bit more track as we ride a mix of trails up north to mountains out west. The renegade seems like the perfect sled for her so far after about 250 test miles this weekend in the black hills.

Now for the dilemma! I want to upgrade to a newer sled. I really like my 144" paddle track 800 summit but its missing a few enjoyable options that the wife has on her renegade. The renegade is no doubt more stable going fast into the corners and when being kicked around on a beat up trail. The advantage of the stabilizer bars saves on the sore shoulders after 100 mile day big time.

It seems like a renegade with a 144-146" track would be almost the perfect sled. Is there any sled Im missing (even other brands) that have what Im looking for? That stable, quick, nimble ride with deep powder and climbing ability. (yeah I know, get 2 sleds).

Any suggestions are welcome. Im looking in the 2008-2014 range preferably. Wondering about the Polaris Switchback Assault vs Summit, or others.

E
Jan 3, 2017
Ski doo 670 formula 1998

Machine has great copression starts great runs great. But is really boggy after about 40 mph take air box off and it's 100 mph sled and crazy power put back on and it bogs. Changed it for 1 off a good running mache It bogs Cleaned carbs. Put different ones on. Cleaned them. New plugs x 2. Changed exhaust. Changed clutch. Nothing changed only runs great with air box off IM STUMPED. HELP

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Earldog,
Ski doo 670 formula 1998
This post seems to be in the wrong forum, shouldn't be in member introductions, not sure how to get in moved to appropriate sled forum.
May not get an answer here as it should be in Ski-Doo 2000 and older. To get a answer to a tech question

Last edited:
Premium Features