• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LOOKING FOR LODGING @SNOWY RANGE

michelintireman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
We normally go to Cooke City but our group wants to try the Snowy Range. We are form Minnesota.
How can I get a trail map sent to me ?
I am looking for recommendations on places to stay. We would prefer ride out from our location rather than trailer. Any suggestions ?

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Trail map: these are available at most locations when you get your permit.

http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/pdf/southeast.pdf

Lodging:

Albany Lodge- www.albanylodge.com

More south but great place with restaurant and bar. Also lower elevation.

Snowy Mountain Lodge- www.snowymountainlodge.com

great location but no restaurant or bar.

Mountain Meadows Cabins www.mtnmeadowcabins.com/

Near SML but again no restaurant or bar.

One thing I always remind people, if you are going to stay on the mountain be mindful of altitude sickness. A friend of a friend died from a combination of pneumonia and altitude sickness last year.

J

jds

Mar 13, 2008
duluth mn.
We went to the snowies for the first time last year. We usually go to Cooke city and island park. We are going back to the snowies again this year. Had a blast out there. We stayed in Laramie the first couple nights but didn't like the drive up the hill so we went to the other side out by Saratoga and stayed In Ryan's park. Was fantastic road from our room/cabin they had fuel and food. Also were very nice had some probs and had to have parts overnighted and they helped out called as soon as they seen the parts. Great people great riding. Have fun

Premium Features