• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extra set of bogie/idler wheels on my 2011 Pro RMK 155. Should I?

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Hi all, Picking up my 2011 Pro RMK 155 on the 8th. I was thumbing through my brochure last night and noticed that the regular RMK 155 has an extra set of outside bogie/idler wheels mid way back on the skid. Given the fact that I am in Michigan and can't always ride nice fresh snow, should I consider adding these to my Pro?? Thanks in advance. Daryl

P

polaris1

Jan 7, 2008
REXBURG IDAHO
If you trail ride and don't see alot of powder then i for sure would add the wheels. on the other hand i have 2700 miles on my d8 163 with original hyfax, but i ride back country powder in idaho.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Put them on and run the scratchers too. Trail conditions with hard snow can eat up your hyfax very quickly.

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Thanks for the info so far! Should I run the factory ice scratchers or step up to something better? I am new to the deep lug, long track sleds. I am coming off a 144 ripsaw so it's a pretty substantial difference. The ski mounted scratchers look interesting to me as well. I am planning on doing the F-Bomb track mod also. Thanks.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Thanks for the info so far! Should I run the factory ice scratchers or step up to something better? I am new to the deep lug, long track sleds. I am coming off a 144 ripsaw so it's a pretty substantial difference. The ski mounted scratchers look interesting to me as well. I am planning on doing the F-Bomb track mod also. Thanks.

There are many conventional style spring scratchers that all work well (Polaris, Holz, etc) or you can use Slidekicks which are reverse compatable but do not have the same downward pressure as the spring style...depends on your snow. I have had good luck with both styles, but never really ever run on ice or lots of hardpack. The ski style scratchers were good for the old rail mounted coolers but don't work near as well for lubing hyfax and getting snow into the center tunnel cooler on the new sleds. Enjoy your new sled!!!

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Thanks for the insight on the scratchers. My friend runs the sidekicks and they seem to coat his rails pretty well. He has been talking about the ski mounted ones but hasn't tried them. He rides a 2010 skidoo backcountry X.

M
Nov 26, 2007
When it comes time to replace the hyfax, look into graphite slides. Or if you want drop some money hiperfax. Both last alot longer than the standard plastic ones.

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
If you trail ride and don't see alot of powder then i for sure would add the wheels. on the other hand i have 2700 miles on my d8 163 with original hyfax, but i ride back country powder in idaho.

I ride mostly back country Idaho powder as well but burned through my hyfax as well as my slide rails on my d8 in less than 500 miles. did the wheel kits and had no more problems

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
I will be interested to see how many factory hole locations there are for added wheel kits. Thanks for the info so far!

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Looking at the brochure, it looks like I could run 2 additional kits. One by where the scratchers hook over the rails on the inside and one midway back on the outside of the rails. Any downside to running these other than added weight? Thanks.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Looking at the brochure, it looks like I could run 2 additional kits. One by where the scratchers hook over the rails on the inside and one midway back on the outside of the rails. Any downside to running these other than added weight? Thanks.

Stop being such a :cheer2: and just run the sled!!:face-icon-small-hap

IMO, if you plan on running it on trail around your place I would add some extra wheels. I will not be adding more wheels but will be in fresh snow a lot more than you.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i just buy the hyper fax and put on there, i haven't had any of them wear out yet. i use the scratchers in hardpack if the snow is crap and i learned the hard way about backing up with them, it's not that i didn't know you can't back up with them, but i forgot about them. i usually take all my wheels off the rails and just run the hyperfax. had good luck so far.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska

If there is any question in your mind about hyfax wear and possible rail damage, get the wheels! They won't hurt anything and only add a little weight....they may save you a from needing new hyfax and/or rails in just a few miles of hardpack trail.

Premium Features