• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearclaw bob Cooke city

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Good morning to everyone. Thought i'd start posting and let everyone know what's going on in Town. For the last week, we've picked up about 10-15 inches on the mountain and its still lightly snowing. I would't get off the trail yet, but if your looking on putting miles on your new sled you can do that.
I'll keep you updated. Have a great week.

Andresenmx

Premium Member
Sep 22, 2016
That is great news, i am looking forward to making the first trip of the year early December.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sun

The snowman has stopped for a couple of days, after leaving about 30 inches of snow on the mountain.
Could see another couple of inches today, but the sun will be out Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Then snow comes back into the picture.

Don't forget to mention if your staying at the Super 8 to mention the snowwest discount when booking a room. You'll save money

I'll post again Friday.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning to everyone

I've gotten settled from my vacation and I'll be posting each day now. This morning was a little cool, 4 below. For the forecast we could see 8 below tonight and starting to warm up by Thursday when more snow comes back into the picture.

We did have a lot of people riding and skiing this weekend. Didn't see to many wrecked sleds come in.

Thought I'd remind everyone that I do fill avy packs and sell them, along with avalanche beacon's, probes, shovels and back packs

When booking a room at the Super 8 motel, you must let them know that you want the Snowest discount. So don't forget.

Have a great week.:face-icon-small-hap

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sunny and cold

Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8 motel. A recap from yesterday was a morning temp of 12 below and warming up to mid to upper teens. Today we are warmer with a temp of 4 below and sunny. The snowman is still calling for a 60% chance of snow on Thursday.

Avalanche conditions:

If it keep up on these cold temp's, the hoar frost will start forming on the snow.

We will still have the garage open for everyone to work or store your sled in a warm area. Come check it out.

The Bakery will be opening up right after Thanksgiving.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Another sunny day

Morning from chilly Cooke city. It was 4 above this morning. The snowman changed his mind for snow Thursday's to Friday with a 70 % chance. The forecast then for 6 days shows partly cloudy to sunny for those days.
Guys, I think it time to start up the snow dance. I'll start it off this morning and I hope I have followers to help me with it.

People are taking advantage of the snowest discount at the super 8. Make sure you mention it when calling in for a reservation. If you don't, you'll loose it.

Come see me, I'm ready to fill avy tanks.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
still warming

Morning from this sleepy little town. It's still warming up. It's 7 above. We could see upper 30's today, with sunny skies. Now the snowman is calling for a 80% chance of snow. We could see up to 4 inches tomorrow and decrease by late afternoon. Saturday clearing skies with temp's in the lower to mid 30's.

My big order of BC link 2.0 radio's will be in Tuesday. I've got one in at this time for people to look at. What a big change they did to this radio.

I'll be here this weekend if anyone needs help.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lightly snowing

Good morning from Cooke City and the Super 8 motel. Since 7 am we've picked up a trace of snow. The snow dance is working. Keep up the good work every one.

All around us are in a winter storm advisory. But not lonely Cooke city. The snowman is calling for 4-5 inches for today and tonight.

The town has a few sledders in town. Be careful guys. Not much base and it will be hard to see. We will see clearing skies by tomorrow. Today's high will be in the mid 30's and cooling down Saturday

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sunny

Afternoon from Cooke city. By the time the snow was over last night we picked up about 4 inches. The snowman is showing sunny skies for the next 4 days and next Thursday we can see snow for 5 days. Keep up the snow dance its working very well.

After Thanksgiving the bakery and the shop will be open to work on sleds. Yes we do work on all major brands. You can also work on your own sled in a warm shop. Come check it out.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
chilly

Morning from Bearclaw Bakery and the Super 8 motel. Woke up to a chilly morning of 7 below. Didn't see that coming.The snowman is still showing a warming trend coming through. By Wednesday we will be in the mid 30's. He has changed his mind for snow. Now it's Thursday (30%) Friday(50%) and Saturday(50%). Keep up the snow dance so we can get a couple of days of snow. The way it's standing I saw more damage this weekend then I have the last two weekends.

Avalanche packs will be showing up next week. Come in and check out the line up of Snow Pulse packs. I will have a great avy pack vest to show you.

Don't forget the bakery will be opening right after Thanksgiving. MMMMM MMMM good.:face-icon-small-hap

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Clearing skies

Morning from Bearclaw and Super 8. The snowman is calling for sunny skies for the next 3 days. He has also updated the snow forecast with more percentages and added Sunday at a 40% chance.

Sorry to say some of the parts haven't got in for the remodeling I've been doing in the bakery so it won't be open this coming weekend. :face-icon-small-fro

Don't forget to mention snowest when booking rooms at the Super 8. This will save you $$$.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sunny

Good morning from Cooke city. The snowman again has changed his mind again. We could see snow Thursday (50%), Friday (80%) and Saturday (80%).
Sunday wasn't mentioned at all.

I think people forgot to keep up with the snow dance. I know the Holiday is coming, but dance,dance,dance. :face-icon-small-hap

I've got good news about the bakery. When we got home last night, the parts got in and I'll have it back together by Thursday morning. The bakery will be open Saturday morning. Hope to see everyone.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Good afternoon from Bearclaw and the Super 8 motel. The snowman hasn't changed his mind on snow. It should be showing up in the morning. Today it will be partly cloudy with a 50% chance tonight. We have a 80% then for Friday and Saturday.
Have a safe weekend where ever you are heading.

Keep up the snow dance we are going to need it for Christmas.

I've got the new BCA 2.0 Radio's in. Check out the great savings at Bearclaw.

The Bakery will be open Saturday morning at 6 am for breakfast.:face-icon-small-hap

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
still snowing

Afternoon from Cooke city. The snowman was right. Started snowing around 3 am. We've picked up about 3 inches in town. He has put us in a winter storm warning until 11 pm Saturday. The snowman is calling for 8-15 inches. Then it turns to partly cloudy skies for Sunday through Tuesday. Then snow moves back into the picture.
Would like to thank everyone that has helped with the snow dance. Lets keep it up.

The bakery is ready to open for Saturday. Stop in and have some great food.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WOW

Afternoon from Bearclaw and the Super 8 motel. Just got done plowing. We picked between 10-12 inches by 8 am. The snowman still has us in a winter storm warning until tonight at 11pm.
Sunday and Monday we should see partly cloudy skies, but look out. Snow moves back into the area for 6 day's.
Keep up the snow dance, we can use it. We've started to get a base and for powder on the mountain, you can find over a couple of feet of fresh.

The bakery was busy this morning. Thanks guys for coming in.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
partly cloudy

Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8 motel. The snowman is calling for partly cloudy skies today and tomorrow. Then we have a chance of snow for 6 days. Keep up the snow dance.

The snow was over the hood yesterday, but its not going to last long with all the sleds we have this weekend.

The huge stock of BCA radio's are in. This is the newest ones out. Come in and get a stocking stuffer for yourself. Below are the details of the new radio.

The link 2.0 is the next generation radio with 2 Watts of power for increased usable range. Smart Mic grill is impervious to packing with snow. On/off/channel selection dial switch is protected from inadvertent channel changing. Comes with long-lasting built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, durable cord/base unit, and new battery percentage power display.

Hope everyone will have a great week. Don't forget to dance.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
snow today

Morning from Cooke city. Not much to report for yesterday, just sunny. Today the snowman is calling for snow tonight and tomorrow. Then Thursday it will be partly cloudy and then snow moves back into the picture for 3 days.
We could see for next week below zero temp's.

Today I'll be working on rental sleds to get them ready. I have been renting sleds if your in need of one.

Have a great week.

Premium Features