• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

coming back to snowmobiling..

hi guys, whats up? i grew up snowmobiling, started when my parents strapped me to the engine cowl on dads 1970 634 panther when i was a baby, owned my first sled when i was 9, a 1971 motoski capri with a 1 lunger hirth, next one was a 1976 skiroule ultra 440 that seemed like a rocket ship in comparison, got it when i was 12, then was my 1975 snojet 440 when i was 15, rode that sled everywhere, actually rebuilt it three times over the years and kept it into my 20's....

made a big move to live with my older brother, from saskatchewan, to quebec in 1999, bought my first sled here in 2001, a 1996 polaris ultra, which i rode and modified into a 136" long track, but, blew the engine in it in 2008, i put a few different engines into it; a 503 rotax, and finally a 440 L/C fuji from a 1993 that i bought for parts...

needed cash in fall of 2009 so i sold the sled and have not ridden since... last year a friend gave me a 1992 indy 500EFI that he couldnt make run, and finally seized from sitting outside in the elements, brought it home and installed a 440 fanner in it from another polaris sled i was given; a 1974 electra, and this summer my brother and i bought a 2004 polaris edge frontier touring in mint shape with a 136 long track and a blow engine, just getting it all modded from a touring to back country bomber.... anyways, looking forward to reading and learning from this site, and being able to lend a helping hand if possible...:face-icon-small-hap

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Glad your back. Lots of good stuff on this site. Once snow hits and people are ready to ride again it'll pick up alot from what I see being posted this time of year.

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Happy to hear from you. Like 14RMK144 said, this is a good forum. A lot of smart people like yourself chime in all the time! :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features