• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Powder-Lite track?????

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Ride reports from non doo riders would be great..
Not sure where the footage is in the video Norona posted, but it appears to me that this thing is pulling hard and cruising through the snow wet/or dry....

S
Sep 22, 2005
Pocatello, Id
At least they are not calling it a challenger lite track. I lost 12 paddles off of my 07 151 x. ended up replacing the track at my own cost. ski-doo would not warranty it. I want to snow check a 165, but need to find out if the warranty covers lost paddles. They changed a lot on this sled.....so do I pull the trigger this year or wait one?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
How many of the average consumers want to unload this much cash on a brand new machine, only to have to replace the track and drivers.

Part of the game for only an elite few I think..

The way I see you either deal with a P.O.S. Trenching track as the 2007 " light" turned out to be. Speaking from first hand experience hear. Then have a crappy winter dealing with the side effects of a bad track.

Or man up and switch out the pile with something better. Then go out and have the fun you intended. Does it suck to have to make that choice?,Yes! Should the OEM have track that works as advertised,? Yes, but sometimes that does not happen, unfortunately....

I bet you have no issues putting on wraps, expensive Rasmussen bumpers, light weight silencers, and other things that could be termed a "fad".

I am by no means in "some elite few group". I work hard save my money and pay CASH for my sleds. That way I have options.

If you can't do so or chose not to, that might be something you could work on. Don't knock those of us who work hard 365 days a year to enjoy our winters and not let something like bad track get in the way of it.

Cheers

T
Aug 8, 2011
I think this track will be good.

1st and foremost a 3 inch paddle track can and should be a bit stiffer to work well. They simply don't slip as much so lug flex is not as important.

2nd, I had my hands on the track and with 0 miles on it, it's plenty soft and flexy at the tip.

Premium Features