For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Fouled Plug Stuff not directly related to snowmobiles. ATVs, trucks, hunting, sports, boating etc. Please keep it clean.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Currently: Have fun while you can
Thanked 1,138 Times in 667 Posts
Pro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who gets a flu shot every year? And, are you required to?

The one and only time I had a flu shot, Carter was our President. I have had the flu two times in my life. And that was a stomach flu which lasted about 12 hours. Both times I was under 25 years old.
So I am just curious as to how many of you get a shot. And do you think it works for you?
Here in MN and elsewhere, Essentia Health is requiring all of their employees and vendors to get the flu vaccine or they will be terminated. Some restrictions do apply. Boy has this started a fire storm. WOW!

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Pro-8250 For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (11-24-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Currently: The person Elky looks up too.
Thanked 3,844 Times in 2,158 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

I never got it and would only get minor sick from the flu if at all.

3 years ago my wife's family thought it was crazy that I didn't get one with all of the new little kids in the family and I figured instead of fight them I would get one for the first time since I was like 10. Got the flu worse that year then any other time in my life. Ended up in the hospital for two days from it. I have never been that sick in my life it was crazy.

Now I'm sure that entire thing could have just been a coincidence but it was not a risk I was willing to try again. I didn't get the flu shot the last two years and have not had the flu since.

I can't imagine having it be mandatory for a job. Not sure how I would deal with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to NorthMNSledder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Currently: Not set.
MODERATOR: Premium Member
Idcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

"stomach flu" isn't influenza. Influenza very rarely causes nausea. I never got the flue shot through college and for a number of years after. I have started getting it recently, because the insurance I get through work encourages it, and gives a discount on premiums if you get it.

It's not 100% effective, but it's not harmful. I get them for my kids as well. The part about it being mandatory I don't like. One of the perils of health insurance being tied so closely to employment.

https://medlineplus.gov/flu.html

'04 1M 1500 162" Challenger Extreme, M8 rear suspension, Custom jetting, clutching and gearing

The Following User Says Thank You to Idcatman3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Pro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idcatman3 View Post
"stomach flu" isn't influenza. Influenza very rarely causes nausea. I never got the flue shot through college and for a number of years after. I have started getting it recently, because the insurance I get through work encourages it, and gives a discount on premiums if you get it.

It's not 100% effective, but it's not harmful. I get them for my kids as well. The part about it being mandatory I don't like. One of the perils of health insurance being tied so closely to employment.

https://medlineplus.gov/flu.html
I didn't know that. I thought the flu was the flu. Some of the reading I have done in the past suggest that it is impossible to get the flu from the vaccine. I don't know either way myself.
I learned a few other things from my wife and daughter this morning so I googled their concerns. $.02

Do vaccines have mercury in them?
It is used as a preservative for flu vaccines in multi-dose vials, to keep the vaccine free from contamination. Thimerosal is also used during the manufacturing process for some vaccines to prevent the growth of microbes. ... Thimerosal is a compound that contains mercury.

Is there formaldehyde in the flu shot?
Formaldehyde is used in safely small amounts in several flu vaccines (Fluarix, FluLaval, Agriflu and Fluzone) to inactivate the virus so it cannot cause disease. It is not in other influenza vaccines (Afluria, FluMist and Fluvirin). ... (Meanwhile, a single dried shiitake mushroom contains 100-406 mg/kg of formaldehyde.)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pro-8250 For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (11-24-2017), Snowmow (11-11-2017), Wheel House Motorsports (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Currently: Dreaming of pow
bryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond reputebryceraisanen has a reputation beyond repute

Not me. Not now, not ever! Have had full blown influenza twice, and it sucks! But not as bad as some of the "rare" side effects imo.

A lot of studies say the placebo effect is good for around 40% of people. Is the flu shot even that good?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to bryceraisanen For This Useful Post:
Snowmow (11-11-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 AM
MODERATOR: Premium Member
Idcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceraisanen View Post
Not me. Not now, not ever! Have had full blown influenza twice, and it sucks! But not as bad as some of the "rare" side effects imo.

A lot of studies say the placebo effect is good for around 40% of people. Is the flu shot even that good?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Flu vaccine effectiveness varies from year to year, as the influenza virus mutates rapidly, and the cdc has to estimate which strains will be prevalent.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/professional...ss-studies.htm

if the rare side effect you're concerned about is Guillain-Barré syndrome, you might want to know that it's a side effect of getting the flu as well. And a more common side effect of the flu than of the flu vaccine.

'04 1M 1500 162" Challenger Extreme, M8 rear suspension, Custom jetting, clutching and gearing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Idcatman3 For This Useful Post:
mountainhorse (11-10-2017), MountainTrashCat (11-24-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Currently: and here we have a monkey with 4 asses
Thanked 3,284 Times in 1,628 Posts
Mafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond repute

The government "microchips" you when you get a flu shot.

Member of South Dakota Snowmobile Assn.

Support the sport you love, join a club & get involved!

Remember, Pig & Elephant DNA just don't splice

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mafesto For This Useful Post:
2005summitX (01-16-2018), Dobber1 (11-18-2017), goridedoo (11-13-2017), Jean-Luc Picard (11-10-2017), Snowmow (11-11-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,417 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafesto View Post
hows the fishing. lol

I haven't had the flu shot since I was a little kid.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Mafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel House Motorsports View Post

I haven't had the flu shot since I was a little kid.
You are fortunate, you are likely only being tracked.

Recent implants (Obama admin) have thought control capabilities.

Member of South Dakota Snowmobile Assn.

Support the sport you love, join a club & get involved!

Remember, Pig & Elephant DNA just don't splice

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Currently: GUESS WHO'S COMING BACK TO STAR TREK!!!!!! (Hint..It ain't Shatner...)
Jean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafesto View Post
Hey, You never know...

Old 11-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Currently: GUESS WHO'S COMING BACK TO STAR TREK!!!!!! (Hint..It ain't Shatner...)
Jean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond reputeJean-Luc Picard has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc Picard For This Useful Post:
bryceraisanen (11-10-2017), Snowmow (11-11-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,214 Posts
BLITZKRIEG has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BLITZKRIEG For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (11-24-2017), Goinboardin (12-01-2017), mountainhorse (11-24-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 06:25 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-17-2017, 09:06 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-17-2017, 09:31 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-17-2017, 10:30 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Currently: I need a new sled....like bad!
Canada Moderator
Thanked 1,372 Times in 753 Posts
smokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond reputesmokindave has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 07-02-2018, 04:30 AM
Basic Member
razo999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register