• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 wont start!

Well I have already taken it to the dealer but here it is anyways! I buy this M7 got a sweet deal! It runs awesome when I bought it starts up first pull! I get it out to the slopes it runs for 5 mins shuts down kinda smells like plastic burning and wont start again! After a **** load of pulling and pushing on my part I get it back on the trailor and home! I check for spark! Its got lots of spark! I checked for fuel! Its getting fuel! I checked the throttle sensor it seemed to be ok! Then I tried pulling it with like an 1/8th of throttle! It starts up but is running like s#$@! Sounds like its miss firing and stuff! So I take it to the dealer explain whats happening! They hook it up to the diagonostic machine comes back clean! The guy said he checked around and fouind that the ignition timing sensor was out??? And it was putting out more amps or ohms than it should! They said they were going to call Arctic Cat and see what they said! I phoned back today they told me that they arent ordering the sensor cause AC told them to look at some of the wires! Any body out there help me out soo I am not paying these people 90dollars an hour shope rate to look for a needle in a hay stack! Anybody had anything like this happen before?? Thanks

T
Nov 30, 2007
After you got it running, did you get it cleaned out, new plugs, etc? Could it just be loaded up from all of the pulling?

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
By the smell descrition it sounds like a wire grounded out and burnt the plastic around the wire and is causing a short maybe to the fuel delivery circuit. I have heard that the seat can rub thru thru the wires towards the back.

S
Nov 28, 2007
water temp sensor

I am going to change mine i have the same problem with the fuel loading lot on start up when i unplug the sensor ( yellow plug by recoil only one yellow plug) it will start then plug it back in andthe sled will run but if i do not unplug it the fuel will load up and when it does start like 50 or more pulls it is soaking wet and will take a long time to clean out. not sure about the burning smell

would this be something that maybe the shop would know about! this yellow plug what is it for?? Does your sled run with like an 1/8th throttle?? Cause I can get mine to start like that sometimes! The shop said something about ignition timing sensor?? I dont know I just dont want to pay a whole bunch of money but its also hard to tell a problem by just guessing! Thanks for all the help guys I just really want to ride this thing!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Yellow plug

the plug is the connection from the wire harness to the water temp sensor in the bottom of the motor block. the ECU makes fule corections as per the water sensor.

Carl

Premium Features