• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T-Motion on a Xp

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
does adding the T-motion kit . make much of a DIFFERENCE when adding it to a xp how similar is the handling to a xm thanks , just trying to get 1 more season out of the xp

07SummitX800R

Dec 2, 2007
Stansbury Park, Utah
In my opinion, having done T-Motion without the S-36 kit, it didn't make a noticeable enough difference to do it by itself. Unless you're going to update the geometry of the rear skid, do the S-36 upgrade, and update the spindles and skis, I don't think it makes sense by itself.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
on a 11 or 12 it will make it a whole new sled. if you have a 10 or older do the narrow kit and tmo. you won't believe the difference! i wouldn't own a xp without it.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The different changes are small but work together very well... any ONE thing without making the other changes will give you about 1/3 of what you want IMO.

People always ask me how much difference a 5 lb weight loss REALLY makes... well, not much, but add up a few of them and the difference is unmistakeable.

B

bacon1

Sep 10, 2008
T-Mo XP

Do you need different shocks for the T-Mo? I just bought at set of Raptors for my 12 without considering the upgrade...

JaxSledz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2010
Snoqualmie, Wa
I have had good luck with the upgrade.

I did all 3 upgrades essentially at once on my 2009 XP 154 and very happy with the results.
  • T-Motion
  • S-36
  • 2010 skid shock

I agree with the comment above that all 3 seem to play well together.
I am 240 and my kids are 160'ish and I wanted it to be easier for them to ride.
The difference is like night and day IMHO.
It isn't quite the same as my XM, but the sled is much easier to ride, more nimble, and frankly feels less like a tank than it used too.
My kids find it much easier to ride now. I almost don't mind swapping them every now and then :)

Plan on it taking some time and search the web for all the tricks to dismantle and re-install the various parts. A few of the articles I read saved the day !!! The instructions aren't too bad, but they leave you hanging in a few critical places if you haven't done it before. (like me)

An electric impact driver will save your life on all the cross members in the skid!

Don't toss your old skid hardware if you have a 2008 or 2009, the 2010 shock upgrade kit I bought didn't work with the T-motion kit because the new mounting rod was too short, so I had to use the original 2009 mounting rod to mount the 2010 shock kit to the side rails. Lucky break that I threw them in a bucket and didn't toss them! The new cross member is a better design, but if I remember right it was to short because of the way it mounted on the new T-motion rails (my kit was designed to go in the original 2009 rails)

Also, the S-36 kit requires the bushings be pressed in. I had to take it to the dealer for that. I found that to be annoying and costly !!!

T

trentvan

Nov 25, 2008
I just rode my 2012 XP after adding T-Motion for the first time this weekend, and I loved it! It seemed easier to tip on the side as well as balance it. I also thought it improved the ride through the trees.....again I loved it, but that is just my 2 cents.

I
Mar 20, 2012
it's only the 08-09 that need the longer shock 2010 is when the longer shock started the tmotion is a great deal you get almost all new skid parts plus the t-motion. if you have an 08 or 09 i would get new heavier springs and you have to get a new center shock

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I did all 3 upgrades essentially at once on my 2009 XP 154 and very happy with the results.
  • T-Motion
  • S-36
  • 2010 skid shock

I agree with the comment above that all 3 seem to play well together.

Also, the S-36 kit requires the bushings be pressed in. I had to take it to the dealer for that. I found that to be annoying and costly !!!
My .02...
The FOURTH and I feel the most important upgrade is the C3 Post Fwd Mod. HUGE difference all by itself.

As far as pressing the bushings in I used a ski saddle bolt and nut with two spacers on top of each bushing and simply tightened the bolt and nut.
It pressed them both in perfectly and it was FREE!!! :face-icon-small-ton
just put the head of the bolt in a vise and use a 1/2" drive ratchet to tighten the nut.
Eazy Squeezy!

"AR"

Premium Features