• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPC stage 2 first install, high idle, no gauge

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Well i just finished the install of my CPC stage 2 with redline gauge and at first it would not fire, traced down every connection and everything is plugged in where it was supposed to be plugged in and i pulled it over probly 30-40 times no dice, hooked up my jumper wire to the fuel pump and a 12v battery and you can hear it pressure up. pull it and it fires right up and idles at like 3200rpm and will not idle down and the redline gauge will not power up. Attitude box fires up, factory gauge powers up but still nothing so i can not tell what my fuel pressure is since it runs on the redline gauge. Talked to the guy i got it from and he said there are 2 wires i need to wire up to the factory gauge off the redline harness for it to power up.?

Any input will be apprciated

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
No standard fuel pressure gauge on the regulator??? Sounds like fuel pump fuse blown an she's leaning out an revving out.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Ya I've got it hooked to the same red black off the fuel pump so I'm assuming I've got a blown fuse of something!

And no when you use the redline gauge it is your only gauge, I might tee off it and put a manual? But also I powered up the gauge with the 12v jumper and battery and it builds like .5-1psi pressure so I'm assuming its not working, cause in the directions it says it will build 20psi after a few pulls

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Also I just checked the fuses and the cutler fuses have 3 blue 15amp fuses and the factory has 2 blue 15amp and one 1 maroon 7.5amp all in good shape

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Ok well talked to Dale for almost an hour and what a nice guy. Customer service is top notch, for the owner of the company to spend that match time talking to me is great IMO.

So he suggested a few things, he says the only way the idle could be that high is a bent throttle cable or something holding the butterflies open.

And as far as the gauge not working only thing he could think was I need some better grounds? But I was confused cause I all I did is plug it in like everybody else and the directions say???

Premium Features