• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is the XM worth the upgrade

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have a 2010 skidoo summit xp 800, its been a perfect sled and I have no complaints. Ive been thinking about getting a new xm, is it worth getting as far as a comparison to my sled that I have now.

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
Have you read any ride reviews?!?!? jk....

I snowchecked an XM this year, and after 5 mintes of riding it my wife didn't even want to look at her 2010 XP any more, and she loved that sled. We bought her a new XM that day.

The difference between 2010 is unreal. All the rave reviews out there are not exaggerating one bit. It's the real deal. Go get one NOW before you can't find one!

M
Jul 20, 2012
I also have a 2010 xp. I rode with a guy today who has an xm who came off a 2010. WOW! WOW! He was doing things that were unthinkable for him with the 10. His statement for the day was he felt like he was cheating. That thing climbed everything with little or no effort. I will trade in the kids college fund for one next year:)

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
I also have a 2010 xp. I rode with a guy today who has an xm who came off a 2010. WOW! WOW! He was doing things that were unthinkable for him with the 10. His statement for the day was he felt like he was cheating. That thing climbed everything with little or no effort. I will trade in the kids college fund for one next year:)

Yep, it's totally cheating. Carving, sidehilling, power, and climbing ability, totally unfair all around.

M

mikesbike2003

Jan 1, 2009
Idaho Falls,Idaho
Thats a good question.
I rode the piss out of my 09 XP and loved every Mountain Mile. Sled never let me down. I did add Toms Evolution Air and fox shocks up front. That made a huge improvement. pulled the sway bar. added a MBRP can. Never touched the motor. never touched the clutches. 2 belts in 2500 mountain miles. Very very happy.
Everybody was saying how easy the XM tipped on the showroom floor. Went down and checked it out. Went home and did my XP. It was close.
I just figured if I did the narrowing kit I would have to buy shocks again. Clutches needed gone through and some other small items. Maybe put a couple of thousand into it and still have an 09......with no payments.
Then people started talking about how good they are and how they handled better than the XP which I had no problems with. But if it was better wow that would be something. I was allready riding with a couple of guys that had the E-Tec motors so I was kind of hooked.
If the Xm was as good or better than my XP I am seriously considering it at this point. I was not interested with the t- Motion deal or the flex track.....thought it was a little gimmicky or whatever.
I know it sounds funny but they started posting the pictures of the X model. Wow that thing looked good. Went down and spring checked one.
First ride out in 3-4 feet of fresh powder. Sled wasnt even broke in and I could go anywhere. The thing just rips up the steep hills. I am still having to learn how to ride it. This thing hooks up so good I have to let off the throttle when I am climbing. Used to pinning the Xp and holding on. You almost cant hold on to this one. Ran it hard saturday in some good powder. 1/2 tank of fuel and used a 1/4 of oil.
This is my third Ski-Doo and I am a happy customer.

Last edited:
T
Aug 8, 2011
I too loved my xp sleds. They worked really well and I rode all kinds of cool terrain. But the xm is in another league. It just works. It's easier to ride. Side hills better, goes better blah blah blah. It's the ticket. Just go get one and be happy.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Have you read any ride reviews?!?!? jk....

I snowchecked an XM this year, and after 5 mintes of riding it my wife didn't even want to look at her 2010 XP any more, and she loved that sled. We bought her a new XM that day.

The difference between 2010 is unreal. All the rave reviews out there are not exaggerating one bit. It's the real deal. Go get one NOW before you can't find one!

LOL do you work in sales? I already have one and after reading your post I wanted to go buy one!

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
Uh huh...Yeah its a worth while upgrade.

The difference is that noticeable, if you have your doubts, demo an XM and then see why it's a worth it sled!

Last edited:

sanity

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2010
Snoqualmie, WA
I also have a 2010 Summit and got the XM SP this season. After 100+ miles, I really like this sled. Until the snow started getting deeper I didn't see a real big notable improvement, but once we got several feet to work with I'm really impressed. I'm still getting some tweaks down, but it plain ole goes where I want it to go.

Premium Features