• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Radius Goggles why buy them?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
So many probably know about the new goggle but there are some things you may not know.

I will cover the key points and not get too wordy, if anyone has questions just ask.

1. Peripheral vision has been increased greatly with these goggles. Large enough to wear glasses under.

2. Lens durability is next to none, during the testing process Klim took steel wool to the lenses. Applying light pressure to the lenses for a set time the goggles showed no signs of damage. After handling these at the shows and cleaning them of finger prints they looked like new and concur they are very durable.

3. Anti -Fog, heard it before I'm sure but Klim teamed up with the U.S. Military on these. They applied the same AF film to the inside of the goggles as our troops use in combat. A Klim rep and good friend told me after he got his pair he sat in his hot tube with brand X. After a minute brand X fogged he then put the Klim Radius goggles on and sat for an hour. After an hour he removed them as he got tired of wearing them........they never fogged. With all that said ANY goggle will fog if you get moisture on the inside of the goggle so it's important to take great care when out riding.

Options:

3 Frame colors are available this year.

Lens Tint: Yellow or Blue
Frame color options: Black (note: pictures show Carbon Fiber on these but they are just a black frames) or Mountain
Price: $109.99

BlueMountain-01.jpg

BlueBlackout-01.jpg

YellowMountain-01.jpg

YellowBlackOut-01.jpg

Lens Tint: Silver Mirror Smoked Clear or Smoke Gold Mirror
Frame color options: Carbon Fiber or Mountain
Price: $129.99

SilverMirrorBlackout-01.jpg

goldmirrorblackout-01.jpg

SilverMirrorMountain-01.jpg

GoldMirrorMountain-01.jpg

Lens Tint: Smoked Polarized
Frame color options: Carbon Fiber or Mountain
Price: $159.99

SmokedPolarizedMountain-01.jpg

SmokedPolarizedBlackout.jpg

I have yet to use these riding BUT I have looked through all of them. This is what I've found.

Yellow - The most yellow lens I've ever seen, these will turn the cloudiest day into a full blown beach day.

Blue - Very mild and crisp, I really like these.

Polarized - Hard to say yet as I haven't wore them outside on a sunny day.

Silver Mirror/Clear - Just that, a lightly tinted mirrored view.

Gold Mirror Smoked - Much like the Silver Clear with a gold mirror.

So far we've tested these goggles in the 509, Klim (obviously) and Fly helmets for fitment and all fit perfect.

All goggles come with a hard case, clothe cleaning bag and Klim quality.

We have all of these goggles in stock except Polarized which will be in by the end of the week.

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=164_192_144&products_id=1218

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
rode with them for the first time on sat,:face-icon-small-fronot happy with the results,going to give them another try before i expound on my review,love my klim gear just hopping it was a fluke thing.they may be over playing the fogging thing just abit,we will see.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I love my Klim gear and the new goggles are cool but the claim of zero fog is a bold one. Some guys just sweat a lot and the help of air conditioning wouldn't change that. Hopefully the Klim goggles will be awesome!

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
two friends rode with them saturday. they both were having fogging problems with them. they said the jury is still out on them but may try them again. could have been a fit problem,weather was really wet.don,t mean to bag on them i have a lot of klim gear and love it.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
lol,i had a feeling that question was going to come up,if your going to make googles they should fit all helmets,not just one.:face-icon-small-win that aside not giving up yet,will give them another shot before i give up on them,love the workmanship and quality of the googles,just never had a google fog up so quick,and so often. if its the helmet so be it the googles are fine and wont work for me.

Last edited:

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
one guy had an xl shoei ,his son had a med troylee.neither were very happy but there not my goggle i was just there, like said could be a fit problem just posted for the info.

Last edited:
B
Sep 23, 2012
Salt Lake City
!

one guy had an xl shoei ,his son had a med fox.neither were very happy but there not my goggle i was just there, like said could be a fit problem just posted for the info.

My helmet is a medium troy lee and i seriously couldnt be more dissapointed in those goggles.. they were fogging within the first 10 minutes of riding. I called klim to try and work something out with them and they werent willing do anything except try and warranty them to try and diagnose a problem. The only problem is that they fog! Im pretty upset with the whole thing. In fact if anybody wants them pm me!

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
My helmet is a medium troy lee and i seriously couldnt be more dissapointed in those goggles.. they were fogging within the first 10 minutes of riding. I called klim to try and work something out with them and they werent willing do anything except try and warranty them to try and diagnose a problem. The only problem is that they fog! Im pretty upset with the whole thing. In fact if anybody wants them pm me!

Also wear medium Troy lee and wear Oakley splice with it. Work great and great fit.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
i'm i the only one that thinks $110+ for a pair of goggles is just ridiculous??? oops sorry i didn't notice they say klim on them, surprised they're soooooo cheap;)

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
How are you guys building enough heat inside your goggles to create fog in 10 minutes? Are you sure you're not fogging up the outer lens?

exactly:face-icon-small-dis,its on the inner lens,going out again tomorrow will report back,man hope it was a fluke absolutly love the look and workmanship of the googles.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Im interested in Buying a set of these failed klim goggles. post what you have and what you want for them. Thanks Eric

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
lol,i had a feeling that question was going to come up,if your going to make googles they should fit all helmets,not just one.:face-icon-small-win that aside not giving up yet,will give them another shot before i give up on them,love the workmanship and quality of the googles,just never had a google fog up so quick,and so often. if its the helmet so be it the googles are fine and wont work for me.

.......and they didn't. I was personally curious as to what helmets they were.

I've have talked to a few other guys who have used these and they had NO issues what so ever and loved them.

Premium Features