For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: TURBO Turbo discussion for Arctic Cat aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Currently: Still missin' the old SnoWest
BigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuel pump and oil pump wiring?

I was told by my kit builder to wire both my fuel pump and oil pump into the accessory plug, using the Cat accessory plug splitter. This is on a 2008 M1000 running a high flow in-tank fuel pump. My problem is I primed the fuel system with a 12v battery and it fired and ran for about 30-45 seconds before running out of fuel pressure. I primed the system again and hooked up my multi-meter to the fuel pump power wire coming off the acc. plug. At idle it was only showing 3.5 volts and I assume it should be putting out a full 12 volts or more. Any ideas? Does the acc. plug put out enough amps for both the fuel pump and oil pump? Do I need to wire it differently or do you think I have some other problem?

'16 T3
'08 M1000

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Currently: Not set.
never enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond reputenever enough snow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAir View Post
I was told by my kit builder to wire both my fuel pump and oil pump into the accessory plug, using the Cat accessory plug splitter. This is on a 2008 M1000 running a high flow in-tank fuel pump. My problem is I primed the fuel system with a 12v battery and it fired and ran for about 30-45 seconds before running out of fuel pressure. I primed the system again and hooked up my multi-meter to the fuel pump power wire coming off the acc. plug. At idle it was only showing 3.5 volts and I assume it should be putting out a full 12 volts or more. Any ideas? Does the acc. plug put out enough amps for both the fuel pump and oil pump? Do I need to wire it differently or do you think I have some other problem?
Its possible that your voltage regulater is bad . The oil pump and the fuel pump is a huge draw for that system . At 1800 hunderd rpm and up you should have 13 to 12 volts dc at acc plug

Old 02-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Basic Member
Eemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond reputeEemeli has a reputation beyond repute

My TM1000 09.

255lph Fuel pump->lightning coil converted to DC (Same as 2008 accessory plug)
Oil pump-> Original fuel pump coil

Last edited by Eemeli; 02-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Currently: Still missin' the old SnoWest
BigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond reputeBigAir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemeli View Post
My TM1000 09.

255lph Fuel pump->lightning coil converted to DC (Same as 2008 accessory plug)
Oil pump-> Original fuel pump coil
Thanks for the info. Where do you have your fuel controller wired in? My kit is setup to plug the Attitude box into the stock fuel pump plug.

'16 T3
'08 M1000

Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned
snwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond reputesnwman77 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

try hooking up your stock fuel pump up and seeing it still wont work.
I got a high flow fuel pump from boondockers and i was bad. They sent me a new High flow pump back to me and that was dose not work also.
I can tell you all about how i tested the H/F pumps but long story short the stock cat pump works the the H/F pumps dont on my 2008 TM1000

Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Currently: Waiting for Wyoming snow...
matt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond reputematt159 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwman77 View Post
try hooking up your stock fuel pump up and seeing it still wont work.
I got a high flow fuel pump from boondockers and i was bad. They sent me a new High flow pump back to me and that was dose not work also.
I can tell you all about how i tested the H/F pumps but long story short the stock cat pump works the the H/F pumps dont on my 2008 TM1000
BD had me reverse polarity by changing the wires in the plug on my 2008 m8 otherwise the pump would run backwards. I assume you would have to do that as well... just a thought.