• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scoot LongTrack Build Pictures, all the "secrets" exposed...

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
IMG_4747.jpg
et.com/albums/ab218/mcgived/IMG_4209.jpg[/IMG]
IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

Yamaha SnoScoot that had a 121 Conversion
IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

Started with Kimpex Drivers 04-108-19, 7/8 Shaft 7 Tooth, one trick for a set of drivers is to get them mounted on the shaft then take them to the Lathe & true them up, all the high perf guys do this, I feel it really helps especially with a 80cc engine pulling a 121" track
IMG_4752.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

97 Polaris XLT Extra 10 Rails (because they were laying around) Striped suspension out of rails. Used a couple of cross bars & limiter strap cross bar from the XLT. Used two spring holder plastic things from an Arctic Cat (because they were laying around & worked) Mountain Machines Billet 2Wheel Kit (had to get the Tunning Fork Wheels just because that is what Santa would do) The rails were cut down where the bracket was bolted to that the stock Scoot suspension was bolted to.
IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

Mountain Machines Anti Stab Kit used for an upper idler wheel to get track over the stock Scoot suspension.
IMG_4757.jpg

Used SnowHawk Track, cut down paddles to 1 1/4. Ported track to lose some weight & it looks cool also, next time I will port behind the lugs like it is suppose to be done.
IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

Fly Mini Bars, Rox 3" Riser, Power Madd Mountain Hoop. Why? It looks cool & the sooner you start them side hilling the less digging them out later when they get on the big sleds. Check out the Rox Risers, they are on backwards but it worked out really good.
IMG_4754.jpg

Gota have a Can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_4211.jpg

Hope the Pictures help, it is not to hard to do just take your time, the thing sure runs good. Any Questions PM me anytime.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Looks great ... the sport mod that I did was similar ...only major difference was that I wielded on a higher bracket on the backside of the swing arm and cross piece (shock) attachment.

Haven't seen much snow here yet ... only a couple of short blasts around the garden ... but works great ... now have two more to mod (just picked up another mint sport for $800)!

Big hit with the kids - the plastic skis make a huge difference as well!

Thanks for the pictures,

B

barefooter

Nov 27, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
Guys:

If you ever want to sell one of these (or build one for me and I will pay) - give me a shout. greg.barefooter@gmail.com. I have tried for years to find a scoot/sport out in western Canada. Nada. Nothing. My little guy is 7 yrs and we need something that he can take out where the snow is mote than 6" deep!!

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
Looks great ... the sport mod that I did was similar ...only major difference was that I wielded on a higher bracket on the backside of the swing arm and cross piece (shock) attachment.

Haven't seen much snow here yet ... only a couple of short blasts around the garden ... but works great ... now have two more to mod (just picked up another mint sport for $800)!

Big hit with the kids - the plastic skis make a huge difference as well!

Thanks for the pictures,

Did you delete your springs and install heavier duty shock?

C
Nov 29, 2008
Nope ... kept the original suspension set up ... with the added track length and the shock bracket deepened to accommodate the track the running boards now sit about 2" higher off the ground. The original shock setup is great for kids / youth but a bit light for an adult.

It was pretty amazing just how many places the sport could go with the better track & skis! If one really had the time & $ you could lighten up the front end quite a bit as well... the steel A arms and front clip are tough but weigh quite a bit for the size of the sled.

Snow is now gone here (except on the western side of the island where conditions are really good) so the sports are going to be put to bed for a bit.

C
Nov 29, 2008
121" Sport with 1.25"+ lug with custom tunnel, plastic skis, phazer fairing, riser and Skinz type boards .... only problem was a desperate lack of snow!

Had the two sports out this week for a few runs of 60+ km each ... both worked perfectly and had no trouble keeping up at a respectable steady 40 to 45 km/h on the ungroomed hilly trails (spring conditions)!!! The only other alteration required for next year is to widen the ski stance by a couple of inches as the longer tracks tend to push the front end a bit more.

P1030426.jpg

Last edited:

Hooch88

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
you should sell me a scoot...

do you want to sell any scoots? I am looking for one...thanks

ejf50

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2008
any way to see these pictures anymore? the are not showing up...

IMG_4747.jpg
et.com/albums/ab218/mcgived/IMG_4209.jpg[/IMG]
IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

Yamaha SnoScoot that had a 121 Conversion
IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

Started with Kimpex Drivers 04-108-19, 7/8 Shaft 7 Tooth, one trick for a set of drivers is to get them mounted on the shaft then take them to the Lathe & true them up, all the high perf guys do this, I feel it really helps especially with a 80cc engine pulling a 121" track
IMG_4752.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

97 Polaris XLT Extra 10 Rails (because they were laying around) Striped suspension out of rails. Used a couple of cross bars & limiter strap cross bar from the XLT. Used two spring holder plastic things from an Arctic Cat (because they were laying around & worked) Mountain Machines Billet 2Wheel Kit (had to get the Tunning Fork Wheels just because that is what Santa would do) The rails were cut down where the bracket was bolted to that the stock Scoot suspension was bolted to.
IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

Mountain Machines Anti Stab Kit used for an upper idler wheel to get track over the stock Scoot suspension.
IMG_4757.jpg

Used SnowHawk Track, cut down paddles to 1 1/4. Ported track to lose some weight & it looks cool also, next time I will port behind the lugs like it is suppose to be done.
IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

Fly Mini Bars, Rox 3" Riser, Power Madd Mountain Hoop. Why? It looks cool & the sooner you start them side hilling the less digging them out later when they get on the big sleds. Check out the Rox Risers, they are on backwards but it worked out really good.
IMG_4754.jpg

Gota have a Can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_4211.jpg

Hope the Pictures help, it is not to hard to do just take your time, the thing sure runs good. Any Questions PM me anytime.

S
Dec 18, 2019
anyone ever go with a different/larger driver set up on a sno scoot? I swapped in a 90cc liquid cooled engine and it wants to go fast but runs out of gear at 30mph. bigger driver would make a big difference.

Premium Features