• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do in Salt Lake City for two evenings?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
A friend of mine from Florida is coming to visit me in a few weeks, and I wanted to take our out to a nice dinner in SLC during the week ..

What would be a good agenda for an evening in Salt Lake City?

I was planning on a nice restaraunt, then a decent motel, then maybe hanging out in park city the next day?

What all would be fun?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
That depends... What are your interests? Outdoor activities or indoor? And are you taking out a guy or a girl?

*DOH* typo ... it's a her ;)

I think we'll stay at the Little America maybe?

But, I wanted to kinds take her out to a nice dinner and perhaps hang out in downtown SLC or something ..

We're probably gonna head back to Vernal for a day or two after that to mountain bike / hike / 4 wheel / float the river / go camping at flaming gorge, so the outdoors stuff we'll take care of closer to home base :)

I just wanted to do something classy while we're in SLC hahahah :)

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Oh man, this otta get good. Maybe I'll learn something new too.

I base all my outings on Micro-Brewed Beer and Good food.
Which raises the biggest question, Alcohol or not preferred? :beer;:beer;:beer;

Nothing wrong with that right........................????

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!

Ahhhh, I see your from Vernal. My bro's home town. THUNDER RANCH would be it.

Dang Vernal could be a blast, what's the deal there?

Dogmeat- I'll help you out, I got a lot of fun ideas. You just need to tell me what you and your friend have in mind. Salt Lake City can be fun!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO

Ahhhh, I see your from Vernal. My bro's home town. THUNDER RANCH would be it.

Dang Vernal could be a blast, what's the deal there?

Dogmeat- I'll help you out, I got a lot of fun ideas. You just need to tell me what you and your friend have in mind. Salt Lake City can be fun!

Well. Unless you're down with outdoor activity, you will hate Vernal. That's quite literally all there is to do here. People work here, then they either hunt, fish, ride dirt, ride snow, etc ...

I just basically want to take her out to a nice dinner at a nice restaraunt (like we might even dress up a little bit) then maybe just hang out, not much more than that ... movie, etc maybe? go to a play? I dont know, what is there to do in SLC on a weeknight that doesn't involve bars and strip joints and stuff? :)

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Well. Unless you're down with outdoor activity, you will hate Vernal. That's quite literally all there is to do here. People work here, then they either hunt, fish, ride dirt, ride snow, etc ...

I just basically want to take her out to a nice dinner at a nice restaraunt (like we might even dress up a little bit) then maybe just hang out, not much more than that ... movie, etc maybe? go to a play? I dont know, what is there to do in SLC on a weeknight that doesn't involve bars and strip joints and stuff? :)

Well, there went my ideas, I'm out!:p:p

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
On a serious note..........:)

Here is what I would do.
Head up to Snowbird. That way you are in the beauty of the mountain scenery with tons of Activity, Food, Lodging and Hiking Galore.
That's just me though. Crawling out of the city every chance I get.:face-icon-small-win

Here is a link:
http://www.snowbird.com/events/summeractivities/alldaypass.html

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Bahahahahahahaha:D:D:D

Dork!

:D:beer; I had other ideas but my weekdays are booked ;)!!! JKD!!!:face-icon-small-hap One though, Get a room at the Red Lion, go to Trolly Square to Rodizios then you can walk around down town and up to the room!! There is a dance club up top of the motel (Sky Bar) if you like to booggy some!!! I DO!!:D
PS I Can't Spell Chit.:confused:

Last edited:

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
I said it once and I said it again, DORK!! Oh and are you talking about Trolley Square?
I know you like to dance. Is this you???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_0_OI-MoM

AKA Hectorturbo???????

HAHAHA! I changed it and still got it wrong!!! But yeah, That was my security job i had!! LOL!:musicnote::D:beer;

You can get married,and go home with six wife's:)

It sounded good when i got here to Utah, But after the first one, 5 more holly chit!! No MAS!!!:eek::confused::face-icon-small-dis:beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A friend of mine from Florida is coming to visit me in a few weeks, and I wanted to take our out to a nice dinner in SLC during the week ..

If your looking for something a bit quieter and more intimate than some of the other suggestions, consider taking her down for a walk on Temple Square, and then to the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

http://www.diningattemplesquare.com/roof.html
Having dined there many times on various business trips, the food is good and the view is just about unbeatable "IF" your looking for a quiet evening with her.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
write a poem and make it a song...climb the tallest mtn and tell the world of the love you have for her:face-icon-small-blu

or you can toss a no-limit VISA in her general direction and them draws will drop before the Credit Card hits the floor:light:

- Love Doctor -

W

WXNic

Dec 8, 2007
bountiful
tough to get a serious answer from a bunch of rednecks :D you'll be set with grand america and the new restaurant donovans or ruths chris downtown, the homestead can be cool too - or you could hang out in the garage while the sled is running, now that's sexy!

Premium Features