• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have any experience with Panterra Wolf 700 Side by sides?

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
I was looking through the schematics on thier website, and the schematics look exactly like the Yamaha ones. So, my question.... Why buy a Rhino then? I mean, there has to be a tradeoff somewhere, right? Or, is the yammie just waaaay over priced?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
jiensu quads and that side by side etc all use yamaha parts..i think that yamaha is part of the network willingly and everything is on the up and up..plastic is thinner etc from what i have seen...the engines obviously identical..

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
form what i have read on the forums that they are not rhino parts but were able to be molded and copied rhino parts by china i belive since they don't have patents

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
the Yamaha Ddealer in my parts have no issue with selling the chinese knockoffs with Yamaha Canada...so i assume Yamaha must be getting some benefit...??...but who knows..??..

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
down here rhino's are $8900 new. what are you poor bastards paying up there. that off brand are around 6 grand

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
The chinese knock off Rhino's are NOT Japanese built engines and many of the parts do not bolt up directly
The thing has a 660 Rhino/Grizz ripoff engine with a 700 piston making it 686cc, has sand cast cases etc but remember everything is made in China so it aint no Yamaha
Think of it like this
If a dead on knock off of a Chevy truck was made in china and every dimension was the same, would it be a Chevy truck?
Not likely
Cheap stuff cost's less, if it was equal quality then it would not be cheap
Thing that really irk's me is that company's like this can steal R&D
Another thing to think about, a Rhino will be worth whatever you want in 3 or 4 year's as there are nearly 0 used for sale, the Chinese thing will probably be worth diddly, Could be a total write off in 3 - 5 year's like most of their other off road product's

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
VERY good point. Never really thought of that. I mean, work wise, i'm sure this thing would do the job, but at what depreciation cost in the end? Whatever I buy will see fairly light use anyways, but i'd like to feel like I made a wise investment when resale time comes.

Premium Features