• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recommended idle RPM for Snoscoot?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Hi guys,
Does anybody know a good recommended engine idle RPM for the snoscoot? I got it from the dealer and it just seemed to be idling really fast.

It was so fast it would turn the track a touch when I raised the track.

So I turned it a half turn and the track quit turning. I turned it another quarter and it sound about like I would have expected. I turned it another quarter and it quit.

So right now I have it at 1/2 turn lower than the dealer had it and 1/2 turn higher than where it quits. I'm thinking I'm good with this at least for break in, and then after the 10 hour break in period, maybe I go even 1/4 lower so that I'm just a 1/4 turn from it quitting.

That's just me being a dufus talking though, I would love to know if there is an actual RPM target I should be trying to hit. I'm going to download an acoustic RPM app and hope they don't super suck. We'll see. Otherwise, I don't have a real tachometer to actually measure off the primary. Maybe at work I do?

Premium Features