• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

etec in an 08 xp?

C
Oct 22, 2013
western nebraska
rod bearing went bad in the original engine hitting the lower case ruining it. my question is how many things would i have to switch around to install an etec in this old of a sled? is it possible? i have been shopping on ebay for a new lower end for the current engine and have also priced the complete engine correct for the year of this machine and also the price of the etec is pretty close to the same depending on what the seller is asking. i thought i read about this on here a few years ago but cant find it and currently the search function isnt working for me it comes up with a full page error. TIA

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
The swap would be relatively easy as they are pretty much the same engine. Bolt and go for the most part. The bad news is the ecm would need changed along with most of the wiring. Easy enough but my guess is it more expensive to go that route vs fixing the 800R engine.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I think even the gas tank is different. It has the fuel pump in the tank on the etec

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Premium Features