• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 Powder Special EFI dies

G
Jan 16, 2008
1998 Powder Special will start and idle but when giving it the throttle, it dies. This only happens after letting it idle or low speeds for a while. After sitting for 20 minutes or so it will start back up. Any suggestions?
Have replaced the stator and tried disconnecting the TSS plug (this makes no difference). As long as the sled is run at wide open throttle is runs good.

B
Dec 5, 2007
What are your stator ohms? Is the TSS unplugged? What is your compression? Have you checked the reeds? What are your trigger ohms?

G
Jan 16, 2008
Compression is good. I just rebuilt the engine. I will look at the reeds this week and let you know. I dont know what you mean by trigger OHM's. But i can check this if you could tell me how to do it. I will take the sled out this weekend and run it and when it dies I will check the stator OHM's while it is dead. Thanks for your help. I will keep you posted.

Premium Features