• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha One Mods

T
Dec 10, 2018
Calgary, Alberta
Whats everybody running for mods? With snowcheck season upon us im doing a parts list for the season. Looking at boards, front and rear bumpers , can and the ecu reflash .

Whats the clutching like? Worth it to change the setup or is stock working good?

SSI has a pipe and y pipe mod you are able to run with no PC5... anybody running this or have any experience with it?

And skis, i put a set of attacks on my 14 and huge improvement, wondering about a set for the new alpha but heard the new skis are actually working out pretty good.

Thanks fellas

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I have done the SSI y-pipe and titanium can. Can dropped 15 lbs 8 ounces. Also installing bdx billet front end. Working on some different clutching and gearing. BDX running boards and bumpers are at powder coating.

E152F97E-DF17-4892-875B-1878D4DD031A.jpeg A0E54C4D-F066-48C6-9B68-3DBA7CEA9AF9.jpeg

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Assuming cat doesn't come out with anything crazy for 2020, giving me incentive to upgrade, here is what I plan on doing.

1. B&M front bumper, and for sure boards. Stock ones get slippery during deep snow days. I will most likely do their rear bumper as well. Have already went through the rear tunnel piece, so a little reinforcement can't hurt.

2. I will probably be getting a set of CFR boondocker bars. Never been a fan of aftermarket bars, but I can't keep my stock bars from rotating around on me. Tired of fixing them on the mountain. Not that I don't like aftermarkets, stock has always kept me happy until now.

3. TKI belt drive.

Those are my musts for now. As far as clutching, I have been running stock setup and it has been spot on. The new ski's work pretty well in my opinion. The only other thing I've done to my Alpha this year is a Diamond S Ti can. Not annoyingly loud and weighs almost nothing. Hoping to run a speedwerx supercharger as well for next year, but we'll see where the cash flow is in the fall!

W
Nov 29, 2014
I have added Cat skid plate as personal experience tells me it's better to install that now than find out I need it later (like I did on my ZR :face-icon-small-con ). Also added a front bumper for as the factory one didn't look like it would prevent contact with anything but a full size tree. Changed out stock muffler for Jaws trail can (I know diamond S is lighter but didn't want anything to loud and Jaws is cheaper - can weighs 6.2 lbs, factory was 18.4 lbs). Also have mountain addiction fuel jug set up & cat medium shovel bag to go on. If I had time I'd install tunnel braces but we're leaving for WY Friday.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Whats everybody running for mods? With snowcheck season upon us im doing a parts list for the season. Looking at boards, front and rear bumpers , can and the ecu reflash .

Whats the clutching like? Worth it to change the setup or is stock working good?

SSI has a pipe and y pipe mod you are able to run with no PC5... anybody running this or have any experience with it?

And skis, i put a set of attacks on my 14 and huge improvement, wondering about a set for the new alpha but heard the new skis are actually working out pretty good.

Thanks fellas

Just installed the SSI setup and rode this weekend. Added 2 grams of weight and still pulling more rpm than I was stock. Definitely seems to pull harder but havent had a chance to climb against or race a stock one to compare.

I personally like the stock 19 skis. Not worth swapping to me and I absolutely hated every cat ski prior. Have heard the new attacks are sweet. As far as bumpers and boards etc. I stick to cat accessories because they would have to really try to deny you warranty for using their parts. Anything aftermarket there is always that potential. Just my 2 cents.

RyanD121

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2011
Grand Junction, CO
-Speedwerx supercharger, y-pipe, pipe, can, and clutching
-TKI belt drive
-TKI brake lever
-TKI wheels
-Cat windshield bag
-Cat tunnel bag
-CFR Boondocker bars
-Munster finger throttle and guard
-Munster kill switch
-RSI risers
-BDX running boards
-BMFab front bumper
-Smith Grade Welding rear bumper
-Racin’ Station chancase and brake guards
-Octane Ink wrap

Funnest sled I’ve ever ridden!

71D2D897-51F0-4775-AA46-B28266F3666A.jpeg 000CC8B8-0BC7-4C09-9029-CDAF41A74E7F.jpeg

T
Dec 10, 2018
Calgary, Alberta
-TKI belt drive
-TKI brake lever
-TKI wheels
-Cat windshield bag
-Cat tunnel bag
-CFR Boondocker bars
-Munster kill switch
-RSI risers
-BDX running boards
-BMFab front bumper
-Octane Ink wrap

I really like the smith grade bumper , but can’t find them on the website ? Did you have them custom fab it? How do you like the finger throttle ?

RyanD121

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2011
Grand Junction, CO
I contacted them on Facebook after seeing some of their pics on there. Awesome bumper. Install was easy and fit was perfect. It ships raw so you can do your own colors. I love having the finger throttle. Had one on my ProClimb as well. I have a couple WaveBlaster jet skis I ride in the summer so it’s a natural crossover. Plus it just feels like I can hold on so much better with just one finger on the throttle.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
-TKI belt drive
-TKI brake lever
-TKI wheels
-Cat windshield bag
-Cat tunnel bag
-CFR Boondocker bars
-Munster kill switch
-RSI risers
-BDX running boards
-BMFab front bumper
-Octane Ink wrap

Let me no when your ready to sell it. That's pretty much what I wanna build for my next one

Premium Features