• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New CMX track reviews??

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Comparing the Maxtrac 2 to CMX is like comparing Bruce Jenner to Stallone .

I trimmed mine to 11.5 and honeatly, the maxtrac2 seems to do better in deep fluff. Wish I wouldn't have cut mine. It is awesome in setup snow but trenches out and sticks much sooner in deep stuff.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I trimmed mine to 11.5 and honeatly, the maxtrac2 seems to do better in deep fluff. Wish I wouldn't have cut mine. It is awesome in setup snow but trenches out and sticks much sooner in deep stuff.

Maxtrac will not trench cause it jus folds over and spins, CMX moves some serious snow so if ewer trenching take preload out of front shox.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Maxtrac will not trench cause it jus folds over and spins, CMX moves some serious snow so if ewer trenching take preload out of front shox.

Ill try that. This is on yeti 137. Any imput on how your setting you rails in relation to shop floor. I guess strod rod length

M
Jan 14, 2004

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm not sure I understand why you would spend a bunch of $$ to get a new track in order to move snow then remove part of it. Aren't you kind of shooting yourself in the foot? I don't know myself, can you really feel the width difference, I'm kind of more about the floatation and traction. This season has been deep almost everyday so less track is the last thing I need now. Just curious if I am missing something, not trying to be critical.

M5

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Don't take this the wrong way but I'm not sure I understand why you would spend a bunch of $$ to get a new track in order to move snow then remove part of it. Aren't you kind of shooting yourself in the foot? I don't know myself, can you really feel the width difference, I'm kind of more about the floatation and traction. This season has been deep almost everyday so less track is the last thing I need now. Just curious if I am missing something, not trying to be critical.

M5

You dont know till ya try it! I was hoping for better track speed, improved side to side feel, weight loss. Dont get me wrong, its a great setup, and the days i felt like I was trenching, were deep(bottomless) steep, and I was chasing a very well setup Honda with yeti 137 and skilled rider. I am going to try Byeatts suggestion about front shock pre-load. Checked the clicker on my front Raptor shock lastnight and I was 1 click from full stiff.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
Aro vs CMX track

Yesterday in deep and wettish POW they we're very comparable... The CMX is way better than the 17 and older TS and the Yeti track. The common feature is the thickness of the paddle. Stiff and thick gets it done very well. Can't really say which would win in a competition, they are very similar in hook up. The TS would have better handling on trail, the CMX likely would win in a powder hill climb by a minor margin.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
You dont know till ya try it! I was hoping for better track speed, improved side to side feel, weight loss. Dont get me wrong, its a great setup, and the days i felt like I was trenching, were deep(bottomless) steep, and I was chasing a very well setup Honda with yeti 137 and skilled rider. I am going to try Byeatts suggestion about front shock pre-load. Checked the clicker on my front Raptor shock lastnight and I was 1 click from full stiff.

So I was able to get out today in some thick deep new snow. CMX track works sooo good in heavy cascade concrete (33f ). Just adjusting the compression adjust on center shock made a noticable difference. Also checked the Honda and its center shock was almost full soft with less spring preload than mine. Had to been part of my trenching issue. Also got to test my Wingman system from Raze finally. Runs strong. Definatley a nice map. Need a couple fittings before the Ninja gets armed though. Cant wait! CMX plus HP = Big Wheelies

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Yesterday in deep and wettish POW they we're very comparable... The CMX is way better than the 17 and older TS and the Yeti track. The common feature is the thickness of the paddle. Stiff and thick gets it done very well. Can't really say which would win in a competition, they are very similar in hook up. The TS would have better handling on trail, the CMX likely would win in a powder hill climb by a minor margin.

yup. I would say CMX track= 10/10. Yeti Maxtrak II - 0.5/10. Maxtrak I - 0.1/10.

M
Jan 14, 2004
For all the hype they threw out there about the Maxtrack 2 it turned out to be a POS IMO, I'm so glad I didn't buy one. I was riding with a guy on a 137 Yeti on a 610 KTM and was passing him like he was tied to a tree on my YZ/Camso. The Maxtrack was just spinning and the Camso track was hooking up. The other guy is a big dude but still for the 25k he has in his setup he should be handing me my a$$ all over the place. I think the CMX track has to be about the same as the Camso they are so close in design. The only thing I don't like is the dual rail setup. I'm sold on the monorail like I've said before I think all kits will have it. Its just that much better. Now we just need someone to make one with better suspension than the Camso kit. Hey Camso that could be you yah know.

M5

We need a 137 snowbike version of the Artic Cat Alpha suspension.

Last edited:

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Agreed....that's the first thing I said when I saw the sled I hope they bring it to the snowbike...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The mono rail isnt that new of an idea. It was thought of on kits prior to Camso. I keep hearing about the mono rail of the Camso. When i rode the Camso i didnt notice some giant leap in agility or handling. I only noticed a heavy feeling skid that bottomed out all the time. I found it had some lower speed handling which im sure was a YZ FX vs F transmission thing.

The CMX track and Camso tracks are very similiar. The CMX track will allow Maxtrack 1 and 2 users to have a great track mated with a great kit with suspension. Im sure you will see performance gains on these kits. Talking with my friends who have had the cmx track on their Yetis for a while they have nothng but good to say. Climbs better, better acceleration, better everywhere, all due to its stiffness. Nice to have this track option.

Last edited:
C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
sooo they yeti maxtrack II sucks???

how much work/mods is it to throw a new track onto my 17 yeti 129?

how much does a new track cost?

interesting how much of a difference it seems to make. ive been pretty happy with my maxtrack II.... you guys saying ill be even happier with a new CMX track?

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
I am loving my CMX track with the ARO ski on my 2016 TS MH 120. It’s great in the powder! The ski is a handful on hardpack, but I avoid that as much as possible. Hoping for a “gold” center skag soon!

Premium Features