• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 mototrax?

K
Jul 7, 2011
So on their website now mototrax shows all the updates for their new kit and to me they look and sound pretty good. I really liked the idea of their kit last year but really glad I didn't buy one. Wondering what people's thoughts are and if anybody gonna take the chance with their new one

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Can't really say too much about it since I've never riden one or seen the 18' in person. I do like the suspension and track attack angle. I don't think the ski is going to be very good in the powder, it's too narrow. 12.5" wide track and 9.5" wide ski, would have to ride it. The listed weights are good, A bit less than TS. Not sure if the "track kit" advertised weight includes the whole kit including the ski and mount, if it does it puts it in the same catagory with the yeti. Personally I wouldn't buy one unless it had a better powder oriented ski, something that'll float well.

w74bronco

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2016
It's your time, your money, and your season. Choose wisely, especially if the price is the same as other kits on the market. The quality could only have improved from last year, but there are some well documented design flaws that aren't completely addressed with just updating parts. I have been buying powersports equipment for over 15 years and I can tell you I've never lost more money buying and selling a piece of equipment than my Mototrax kit; as a total dollar amount or percentage of purchase price. $5000 kit, resold for $2500 3 rides later (technically one ride, one 1/2 day ride, and one 1/3 day ride.)

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Lots of haters!! This sport would not be moving forward like it is if there weren't new companies tryin something out side the box. I was a test mule and bought last years moto 129mx. Yup I broke it and had a few struggles, but mototrax did take care of me. Think this year is going to be a good year for them. I really like their new track and the front stabilizing bar. That should help keep the rails straight.

Anyways all the new kits have cool options and I think you will not be disappointed with any of them. Buy and go have fun!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Lots of haters!! This sport would not be moving forward like it is if there weren't new companies tryin something out side the box. I was a test mule and bought last years moto 129mx. Yup I broke it and had a few struggles, but mototrax did take care of me. Think this year is going to be a good year for them. I really like their new track and the front stabilizing bar. That should help keep the rails straight.

Anyways all the new kits have cool options and I think you will not be disappointed with any of them. Buy and go have fun!

The sport has been moved forward quite a bit by mototrax.
Everyone else can see what not to do.

I like the concept but in real life it's got some problems for sure.

Really just basic business practices.
Don't promise what you can't deliver. (Shipping dates, product reliability, deep snow performance)

As delivered my brothers enduro kit last year could get stuck going downhill.
The suspension would rotate back and have the worst approach angle possible.
Broken parts pretty often (under engineering) track falling off from blown pivot rings, brake falling apart etc etc.

Hopefully they have everything sorted out now but i would wait another year personally.
Let them prove the concept.

Fwiw nothing's fallen apart on my pos used 14 ts st. :)
Only 3 rides on it last year personally though.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So I bought a 120 last year.... Had so many issues and updates that I sold.. more time worrying and repairing than riding. Bough camso... Literally road the last 3 months of the season... Never touched it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

w74bronco

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2016
Lots of haters!! This sport would not be moving forward like it is if there weren't new companies tryin something out side the box.

Not hating, just relaying our experiences. I agree, companies trying out new things does move the sport forward, but most companies do that the year before when they test their product before production. Guess who extensively tested Mototrax's ideas? Not mototrax, we did. Mototrax honored their warranty and sent me replacement parts. Free parts are the least of your worries when you are 12 miles into the backcountry when the pivot is blown out and the track is off (ask me how I know). I wouldn't buy a Mototrax or any other OEM's unit again until after I'd seen a full season of happy customers. For me that meant not buying an ARO this year, as much as I wanted one.

w74bronco

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2016
Where were you riding the Moto Trax?

First ride Salmon La Sac, 2nd ride McCall, 3rd ride Salmon La Sac. All just basic trail riding with some ditch banging. My first three times riding a snowbiking, so not even enough skills to go out and abuse it. Just riding down the road with a group of sleds. Fun when it worked, but we dragged it back to camp in a sleigh in McCall, pivot blown out. Had to rent a sled for the last 3 days of trip. I truly hope for the best for the folks buying MT kits in 2018. I sold mine based upon the reliability issues and MT's attitude on these forums giving me concern of the company not being around a few years down the road to provide parts. Just wasn't a customer experience I was satisfied with.

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
With the updates and the correct setup we rode all season without a single issue, 137” 129” 120” all did very well and anything will fail if abused.
and some things will fail when used at all. Moto Trax was the latter.
With constant emails I received parts for what broke under warranty. But then they would break too.
I, as well as others, had to build my own parts that wouldn't break. T They wouldn't send me regular adjusters after my factory piston things broke.
I need to finish building some more parts before this season begins.
I'd rather spend my time installing performance parts rather than replacement parts.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I was patient with them in my opinion, and my kit performed well all things considered. However now that I see the 18 kit has all the “uneccessary racing only” parts on it from the factory, it just brings me right back to feeling like a completely unappreciated loser that bought into a new company and now has a lemon kit that I couldn’t sell for 800$ even if I threw in 600$ worth of beer.

If the front yoke thing was for “racing only” (whatever that means) then why did it appear on the stock bike the very next year?

Oh ya when I emailed them this question they never even emailed back. Now there’s yet another forum account piping up on the threads? Screw you guys. Seriously you have no clue how to treat customers and without seeing the numbers, I’d guess you are down at least 75% on sales as a direct result of your conduct, not even your crappy product. You even had to move to another state? Wonder why.
I shouldn’t be surprised. The guys don’t even know how to use email. They more than once emailed everyone who ever bought a kit a group mail but included everyone’s address in the main address field. Maybe they wanted us to form a support group? Lol. I know you guys are young, but email isn’t that ancient that you shouldn’t know it’s extremely poor practice to disclose your entire customer base in a single email.

Here’s a concept that might be worth chewing on: treat your initial customer base right by updating their kits to be the best they can be IN PERPETUITY. (You can look up what that means)

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
With the updates and the correct setup we rode all season without a single issue, 137” 129” 120” all did very well and anything will fail if abused.

What season summer? Have you guys been testing in the Southern Hemisphere? What do you mean you rode all season? It was last winter when all these failures were happening. Are you saying you had all these parts ready before the season started and sent out everyones kit without them?

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
Just happily got rid of my '17 129"! Fortunately, I didn't have too many serious issues or things that left me stranded. My biggest gripe was the performance (or lack there of- in ALL snow conditions)

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Just happily got rid of my '17 129"! Fortunately, I didn't have too many serious issues or things that left me stranded. My biggest gripe was the performance (or lack there of- in ALL snow conditions)

Lucky for you! I’m saddled with mine forever I’m afraid. I have an associate who found a brand new kit for his buddy for 1000$. :0

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
It appears they didn't take care of you so walk away and rebuild it yourself . There's a sweet justice of riding a machine you had to rebuild and when ever a stranger asks you about it you can fill them in on how big of a pile it really is :)

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
It appears they didn't take care of you so walk away and rebuild it yourself . There's a sweet justice of riding a machine you had to rebuild and when ever a stranger asks you about it you can fill them in on how big of a pile it really is :)
True I've learned a lot. Like how to purchase a snowbike kit.

Premium Features