• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just a converstaion: Anyone ever put a 700ves in a mseries ?

C
Mar 20, 2011
Just wanted to starta convo not that im planning on doing it but just thought it would be something to talk about my cousin and my buddy both have ves's one has a 02 700 rmk modded (slightley) and my cousin has a 04 same thing pretty much. Long time ago i just had a stock 02 i never messed with it much before selling it but it ran strong and was good. Theres are both clutched have intakes,jetting,pipe,can and my cousin has a mountain fit hood they both have 144s and i think thats all they have no porting or head or anything. We all weigh roughly the same,my cousin might be 15lbs heavier or so but i have my 06 m7 with intake and can and last year like 2nd ride out we compared and all climbed together they were both out pulling me by a ton although i did have 3k miles and still stock clutching/springs and all and it was all probably worn anyways they were outclimbing me by alot. I was able to keep up when sidehilling and working my sled but i had to make my sled work way harder then them/theirs. We tradded and same thing i would out pull my sled on one of theres anydays they had way more power to like honestly you grab some throttle on my cousins sled and the skis arnt really on the snow it feels like your on air. Even now when i had most my clutching done the power difference was signifigant. Maybe its my sled i dunno im going to check the pv and clean them and check all the wires and all. But anyways sorry about the long storry i think it might be me trying to firgure out why everyone talks about m7's and yet seems like mine cant keep up with the older sled and doesnt compare how everyone talks about there stock m7's. Anyways on topic has anyone ever put in or thought of putting in a 700 ves with some mods there strong and powerful engines and in a mseries they would be so much better. Thoughts ideas ? Anything to say about my sled/story ?

C
Mar 20, 2011
There is definetly something wrong with yours. An M6 should spank an old 700 polaris.:face-icon-small-sho

altho that was with the old clutching when we were climbing and when we were down low playing he had the right clutching and i just had my weights for up high and all

C
Mar 20, 2011
There is definetly something wrong with yours. An M6 should spank an old 700 polaris.:face-icon-small-sho

Do you think the pv could be it ? I can get 7700 rpm tho since i did clutching and that was with my 68g weights no the 65s that slp recommended.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Horrible idea. You need to quit worrying about doing all these radical changes to your sled and get it running right. In the time it took you to type the first post in this thread you could of cleaned your powervalves, changed your clutch weights, set your belt deflection, topped your oil off, and checked your track tension. Your M7 is probably more than you can handle in stock form. Maintenance will keep you riding. Find out what your sled is capable of, not worrying about if a junk 115hp polaris engine is going to reinvent the wheel. You have 6 threads right now on the first page and you have not listened to one response that these fine members have given you. I'm sorry if Im coming off like an @$$, but TAKE SOME TIME INSTEAD AND GET THAT THING WORKING!

S

Schism

Nov 30, 2007
North Dakota
Horrible idea. You need to quit worrying about doing all these radical changes to your sled and get it running right. In the time it took you to type the first post in this thread you could of cleaned your powervalves, changed your clutch weights, set your belt deflection, topped your oil off, and checked your track tension. Your M7 is probably more than you can handle in stock form. Maintenance will keep you riding. Find out what your sled is capable of, not worrying about if a junk 115hp polaris engine is going to reinvent the wheel. You have 6 threads right now on the first page and you have not listened to one response that these fine members have given you. I'm sorry if Im coming off like an @$$, but TAKE SOME TIME INSTEAD AND GET THAT THING WORKING!

Exactly! Use the search button as most all of your threads have been hashed and re-hashed over the years on these forums. Buy a premium membership if you need to in order to get all the information from the threads. I promise you there is more than $30 worth of info stuffed into this forum. Read, read, and read some more. If you can't find the answers you want after that then ask a few questions.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I had a 03' pol. 700 with a 151 track. I did very well and pulled me around pretty good. With that said there is no way it would climb with a M7 that was set up even close to decent. Holding rpm's is not the same as good clutching and maintaining track speed. Speedometer not tackometer!

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
These guys are correct. If you don't have the technical aptitude to to get your M7 to beat a dated sled with 20 less hp, a custom engine swap may be over your head.

No offense is meant here. Heck, if it weren't over my head I'd have a Pro with a M8 engine in it.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Not a ya or na but part of the m-7s ability comes from the chassis set not just the motor I'm going riding so later

Premium Features