• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jack Shaft Gear Tool

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Does any one have a tool/part number for removing the jackshaft gear nut and a splined socket to hold the other end? This is for an Apex. MPI no longer sells that specialty tool combo.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I asked local yami dealer, he said you dont want to know the price. I found stm in Michigan sells them. Couple yrs ago I brought 3 sets, keep 1 & sold the other 2 to buddies. www.supremetoolinc.com I looked on there site, dont see them listed anymore. I would call them to see if they have any left.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The company that makes that tool is Micro-Belmont. Call them direct. They are super great to deal with and the tools are cheap. They make a great spider tool as well. Its a little more lol

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Got nothing, pipe wrench on the hub of the secondary and 1&somthing on the nut did it.I am so tired of MPi and there BS website. They flat have no tools or parts as stated on the website. Spent alot of money in the day on my mm700. Just told they have not updated the site for a year WTF I am so glad I did not bite on the super deal for some boost!

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
I bought a 36MM socket and cut it in half and welded in a piece of pipe. It cost me a whole $10 to make the socket.

A pipe wrench, combination wrench or even a crescent wrench on the drive shaft and it's off.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Sorry about my post above, nothing bad against MPI but evey web site I tried was either down or under construction. They had what I needed but dont sell it any more. I was just getting in a hurry. I should be hot at yamaha for not installing a grease-able bearing in the drive shaft. I am mad a my self for not checking this before the season started. Been thru it on my MM. That bearing blew at 70 mph and it took out the speed sensor gear assy, splined end of shaft is now toast. Has anyone tried injecting grease with a hypo needle? I am sure if there was a way to regrease that one bearing there would be a lot less failures. Again I bought a lot of stuff from MPI back in the day and their service was great. It was quite the tow out, it took a 700 POL and a M1000 tied up for the drag out. They did not like the weight of the apex.

Premium Features