• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m1000 bog

X
Aug 13, 2008
Spokane, WA
All of a sudden my sled has developed a strange bog. It has happened to me twice now. Sled runs great then all of a sudden when I lay it over on its side it starts to bog. But it doesn't do it every time you throw it on its side. It doesn't matter which way either, bogged once when I laid it over on the left and once to the right. The first time it happened it didn't want to run very good the rest of the day. I put new plugs in it next time out and ran great for most of the day then while carving it bogged. It did clear up and run fine at times and not so fine at others for the rest of the day. Has me perplexed. Any ideas?
I could only think of the throttle censor.
Thanks

X
Aug 13, 2008
Spokane, WA
The only mod that it has is a Speedwerx can. I just bought it this year and on my previous Cats I always ran Cat belts, but this sled is it came with Dayco belts.

I'll check my powervalves to see if they are seizing at all. It's just really strange how it happens so randomly.

X
Aug 13, 2008
Spokane, WA
WyoBoy, any advice in set up for the 1000's? Its a sno pro and not sure what guys are setting their shocks at for best handling. I'm not a big guy only 160lbs so some guys may have different psi. I bought some frogskinz vents for the hood and thinking about removing some other things so I can drop weight there. It does have side panels but gonna get new ones after this year.

I am surprised at how well it handles and easy to ride. By some of the talk by some guys on here I thought the 1000 was gonna be a challenge but it handles pretty sweet.

Premium Features