• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My dads buying a new (used) m1000

C
Mar 20, 2011
So guys hes buying a 2007 m1000 heres what the guy says "Sled has Digatron EGT's, Bookdocker fuel box, RKT clutch, Boss seat, Simmions skis, Full SLP pipe can ypipe, SLP intake, 09 tunnel, Mod rod boards, two wheel kit, along with other aftermarket upgrades" anyways he was asking 4k obo said if he didnt get something this week he would just trade it in anyways we got it for $3500 firgured thats a good deal he says its mint does have 29xx miles but hes the 2nd owner and the previous owner did a rebuild. He said he just did a compression check last week came out 118-120 is that ok ? What should the compression be at on these sleds ? Also im familar and ride with some m1000s but anything we should look out for when buying it other then the usual craked rails crack on chassis ect. ect. Also he says he rides 4k-5k usually a max of 6k just wondering if anyone has any maps for the boondocker fuel controller with the same pipe/intake setup for 3-4kft, 4-5kft, 5k-6k,6k-7k and 7k-8k ? Also what are you guys running for clutching with these or similar mods that are running 5k-7k feet ? Thanks

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I think its a good sled, if its the same one. I told him how to tune it to keep it safe and reliable and the guy before already took care of the usual problems.
pm and I can help or at least tell if its the same sled. I can also talk to your dad and tell him how to tune etc... if he would like.

C
Mar 20, 2011
I think its a good sled, if its the same one. I told him how to tune it to keep it safe and reliable and the guy before already took care of the usual problems.
pm and I can help or at least tell if its the same sled. I can also talk to your dad and tell him how to tune etc... if he would like.

Thanks very much will do.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
You'll be in good hands with WyoBoy.......he knows his chit. Look no further.

J
Dec 14, 2007
north idaho
i saw that sled on cl i should have called him but he was asking 5500 at the time i think 3500 is a steal. i ended up picking up an 08 m1000 sno pro in lewiston for 4700 lots done to it with 2700 miles motor is still stock seems to run good but i miss the snappy power of the 800s maybe my clutching is off

C
Mar 20, 2011
Jdr did you see the sled in person if you did how was the condition of it ? Also wyo boy how's the condition of the sled ? Also for all you guy riding the m1000 how much do you weigh ? Also how tall are you guys and how big of bar risers do you have ?

C
Mar 20, 2011
no i wish i would have though. im 5 11" 185 lbs no gear mine has a 3 inch riser on it but it needs 2 inches more

Ok perfect cause I'm 5'11" and I bought a 6" riser for my m7 but after thinking I thought it might be to big and I just havnt put it on my m7 yet cause I have it up for sale.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
6 inches!? :face-icon-small-sho Were you going to use that with the stock bars on your M7 or something different? I have a 3" on my m7 with stock bars and I am 6' 2" and i don't think I would want them any higher but that is my preference.

R

ropinsno

Jan 1, 2009
Montana
I am 6'4" and have a 3" on my M7, it's comfortable but I wouldn't mind a 4". I think a 6" would be way too much.

C
Mar 20, 2011
I am 6'4" and have a 3" on my M7, it's comfortable but I wouldn't mind a 4". I think a 6" would be way too much.

I dunno ive always liked high bars kinda in my ribs but i think i might have went to high but i dunno ill get them on in the next day or two and see how i like it if i dont i might cut it down or just buy a smaller one we shall see everyone likes different heights

C
Mar 20, 2011
Also guys this is the down fall of bieng across the boarder and having to wait on the registration/title to get together or clear is people down there can just pick up the sled and go but anyways the guy sold the sled today so me and my dad are back on the look for two m8's or m1000's modded or stock in good/mint shape for a reasonable price. If anyone see 1 or two m8s or m1000s 07+ for a resonable price in the spokane/pullman,idaho,courdalane area or in the nelson/castlegar, kelowna B.C area shoot me a pm if you have the time and see anything in those areas, thanks that would be great guys!!

B

blacksnow

Jan 3, 2009
everett, WA
bum deal!!! can't believe he didn't hold it for you! maybe write a legally binding contract w/money down if ever in the same situation.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If he didn't have the money quarantined by this weekend it would have been traded off anyway, he had the itch.

I am 6'6" 210lbs dry and ride with the bars all the way down in the steep and deep, to tall they will screw you. Sometime up for trail and flat ground, but if the bars are in your hands while standing it will work against you.

Premium Features