• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"FBF" Throttle/Oil Cables

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
New Cable

OK, my cable has been completed and is being shipped out today. I paid a $15 “document” fee so that the cable company created a mechanical drawing, specifications and a unique part number for this cable for everyone to order. Please remember before ordering:
1. I did not design the cable.
2. I am not selling the cables.
3. I can’t offer advice on installing the cables.
With all that being said here is all of the info below so you can order today if you wish. I will receive mine tomorrow I think and if I do I’ll post a picture of it Thursday. The cable will be offered with the standard upper (single cable) section and with a heavy duty upper section called Armor Coat. In my opinion it’s not worth the extra cost for the Armor coat but I’ll leave that up to you!
Motion Pro, Inc.
867 American Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
Tel: 650.594.9600 Fax: 650.594.9610
web:
www.motionpro.com

Cable part number: X-937
Regular extended length cable $43 plus shipping
Armor coat upper type extended length cable $76 plus shipping
If you want the Armor Coat upper just ask them for it. It’s the same part number either way. Remember that it takes 7-8 working days to make the cable.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Post a picture of it when you get it.

Our 900 crew has dwindled down to only 2 sleds left. I hope everything is OK with Claude...

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
New Cable!!

OK, here she is…
Looks really nice. I can’t wait to install it but I’m heading for the Coast to do some diving, fishing and crabbing so it’ll have to wait until next weekend.

John

New Cable 001.jpg New Cable 002.jpg New Cable 003.jpg New Cable 005.jpg

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Thanks, passed over on the info to the flatlanders over at HCS. Already have the FBF cable and there was a few over at HCS asking for his for a while so passed the info on over to them. Good job Mech Engr.

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
OK, here she is…
Looks really nice. I can’t wait to install it but I’m heading for the Coast to do some diving, fishing and crabbing so it’ll have to wait until next weekend.

John
Does this include the oil pump cable as well? Looks like it is just the throttle cable?

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Does this include the oil pump cable as well? Looks like it is just the throttle cable?

It includes the oil pump cable as well. Only difference is it doesn't have that elbow that attaches from the throttle body to the oil pump, so it goes directly to the oil pump from the throttle. That way you can be able to take your throttle body off without disconnecting the cable @ throttle body.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
looks great, guess i won't be getting what I paid for out of my FBF cable...lol

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have quite a few of these cables. I had to buy a minimum lot .

PM me to get details.

$43 dollars plus shipping ... how bout $35 shipped.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
I have quite a few of these cables. I had to buy a minimum lot .

PM me to get details.

$43 dollars plus shipping ... how bout $35 shipped.

Wow you had to buy a minimum of these? May I ask what was the min. order? I posted a thread about these over on the flatlander forums (HCS) and would feel like an a$$ if there was a min. order and didn't tell them. Lucky I already had the fbf cable.

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

Wow you had to buy a minimum of these? May I ask what was the min. order? I posted a thread about these over on the flatlander forums (HCS) and would feel like an a$$ if there was a min. order and didn't tell them. Lucky I already had the fbf cable.

Not sure what cables he is speaking of but I can assure you that the cable I had made by Motion Pro and paid for the documentation is a unique cable made by them with a unique part number (included in my post above) and they (Motion Pro) have absolutely NO minimum order for this cable. You can order 1 or 20 and you will pay $43 each plus shipping unless you are one of their dealers and then you MAY get a discount off the $43. I ordered only one cable and it cost $43 plus about $12 to ship.

John

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Not sure what cables he is speaking of but I can assure you that the cable I had made by Motion Pro and paid for the documentation is a unique cable made by them with a unique part number (included in my post above) and they (Motion Pro) have absolutely NO minimum order for this cable. You can order 1 or 20 and you will pay $43 each plus shipping unless you are one of their dealers and then you MAY get a discount off the $43. I ordered only one cable and it cost $43 plus about $12 to ship.

John

I see, thanks John.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

To get the deal on a quantity discount I bought several. Sold to vendors and have some left over.

They are the spliced cable and darn near identical to the FBF. FBF made two lenghts so you could put a riser on the handle bars.

I believe this is the longer one and measures 50 inches for the opil and 47.5 inches for the throttle sheath.

You can leave the extra 6 inches under the hood until needed ... or never pull it out.

No mods on the sled except removing some linkage to the oil cable since this replaces it.

Very smooth !

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

John

Hey you buy all mine I get them to you for much less than $35 delivered

Premium Features