• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07-11 M Steering Post / Bulkhead Crack

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I will have the new plates with bolts tack into the top plate, ready to ship by Monday. I'll post pics of the new plates as soon as they are finished. I am only making 10 more for now, so if you want one of this batch, PM me. I'll include the shipping on all orders next week. I'm glad everyone likes, I think you'll like them even more once you see them and see how easy they are to install.

I am also making some other vent grills that will go over all the Frogz Skins and protect them from trees and brush. Will post pics when they are ready.

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I set to use PayPal for getting paid, to make it as easy as possible. Hope this works. My first time using PayPal.

I may have to and I will add the button to the add I placed also.

The button did work here, going to try and add it to the add.

Thanks

Last edited:

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
how about a package plates for the bulkhead and steering hoop support? you could call it the "real steering anti-slop kit"

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I am a BDX dealer and I can make the over the pipe brace, if that is what people want. I am trying to build my design and fab biz up, so I don't have to do construction. If you ask for it, I will make it.

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
how about a package plates for the bulkhead and steering hoop support? you could call it the "real steering anti-slop kit"
I also would be intersted in the plates and the stiffner bar for the hoop as a package deal!!! Work out a price and let us know what you are thinking!!!

Im 6' tall and weigh 200 pound's using and abusing, and putting her away wet, im sure its just a matter of time before the cracks star showing up!! I already installed the BDX steering shaft slop eliminator!!!! What a big differnce that already made!!!

Thanks!!

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
So after reading you thread, and my sled was in the garage nice and dry already, i figured i would take another look for cracks again!!! One of the bolts that hold the bracket to the bulk head under the tunnel was loose as hell :face-icon-small-dis

No wonder the bulk head crack's :smash:

Last edited:
A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I haven't Built the forward supports yet, so I don't know what to sell them for. How much do they go for else where and what is a fair price. Also, how beefy does everyone want them to be, Me and one of my fab guys was think 3/4" OD X .058 Chrome-moly, would be plenty. You don't want so stiff and heavy that if you crash real bad, it can't give away. As it is stock, you can already brake ribs, if you hit to hard.

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Your Sled must be an 07, all the 08 and newer ones have 3 - 1/4" rivets that have to get drilled out and the 07 has 2 - 1/4" studs with 7/16" nuts on the bottom and hardly anything for a steering stop. This kit will also fix the over rotating handle bar problem on the 07.

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Thanks for posting the pic. I'll be starting some this week. Does everyone want them powder coated or is sand blasted and paint ok, it will make a difference in the price. Of course we can have them custom colored, but those will take a little longer. This biggest problem is shipping from AK to everywhere else, is going to cost a bit.

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
Your Sled must be an 07, all the 08 and newer ones have 3 - 1/4" rivets that have to get drilled out and the 07 has 2 - 1/4" studs with 7/16" nuts on the bottom and hardly anything for a steering stop. This kit will also fix the over rotating handle bar problem on the 07.

you would be right on my sled being a 07!!! a man who knows his sleds!!! No need for powder coating, i will probaly have my buddy powder coat mine A/C geen anyway, or just paint it myself!!! and your measurments sound about right to me for the thickness of the rod!!!

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
I haven't Built the forward supports yet, so I don't know what to sell them for. How much do they go for else where and what is a fair price. Also, how beefy does everyone want them to be, Me and one of my fab guys was think 3/4" OD X .058 Chrome-moly, would be plenty. You don't want so stiff and heavy that if you crash real bad, it can't give away. As it is stock, you can already brake ribs, if you hit to hard.

I can testify to that one!! I didnt brake any ribbs, but nocked the wind out of me and had to lay in the snow for 5 minutes to catch my breath like a jackasss, this was my buddy:boink: you ok?? ended up bruising my ribs so bad i thought they were broke, took 3 months to be able to get out of bed without them screaming at me!!!
I was standing up looking for my friends not paying attention to what was in front of me, and was going about 5 MPH, buy the time i saw the creek it was to late, couldnt go left or right, so i just pinned it and jummped the creek, when i landed, the snow was like mashed patotoes, and the front of the sled stuck like supper glue, and threw me into the handle bars , and over the hood !!! Needles to say i wear a chest protector now!!!

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
durability of the new sleds is the main reason I am still on an 04. Threads like this where a guy makes a nice product for a reasonable price are getting me closer to getting on a new chassis.

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
Well I gues you dont need to worry about making a set of plate's for my 07, I had the sled up in the air the remove the belly pan to install my Dog Bone's, and i figured i would tighten the loose bolt on my steering post!!! You would be right if you said the stud snapped off while i was tighting it!!:smash:

So i guess i will be fabbing my own plates while im in there replacing the broken bolt!!! So I see your plates in your pics have the 4 holes for the rivets, do you recommend this for my 07, or should i just stick with the 2 bolts that A/C designed??

Not what i planned on doing today, but i guess better in my garage than 25 miles back in the middle of bum F..K Egypt!!!

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Well I gues you dont need to worry about making a set of plate's for my 07, I had the sled up in the air the remove the belly pan to install my Dog Bone's, and i figured i would tighten the loose bolt on my steering post!!! You would be right if you said the stud snapped off while i was tighting it!!:smash:

So i guess i will be fabbing my own plates while im in there replacing the broken bolt!!! So I see your plates in your pics have the 4 holes for the rivets, do you recommend this for my 07, or should i just stick with the 2 bolts that A/C designed??

Not what i planned on doing today, but i guess better in my garage than 25 miles back in the middle of bum F..K Egypt!!!

You can still use his kit. I belive it replaces the stock two bolts anyway. Give him a call.

Jason

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
You can still use his kit. I belive it replaces the stock two bolts anyway. Give him a call.

Jason
I will have it fabbed up tonight if i have the right size bolt's in my bin, I already have the 1/8" metal sitting on my work bench, and the sled tore apart, i dont have a new Miller 251 welder sitting in my garage for nothing:face-icon-small-win

I love fabbing my own crap like the new gauge cage i just built, saves alot of money i can spend on something else, plus i will have it done and be riding the sled before the Brown UPS truck can show up from AK:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features