• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Theres a new Sherrif in town... Timbersled's new SnowBike Kit

oscar

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Do they have a powder ski available for these things like the 2-moto? Or is it a universal mount so a person could buy a wider ski. Thanks

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Allen has played with a few ski combo's I am a fan of the reg ski even in the powder it floated just fine as with the Timber you have more bite on the snow and trasfer this taking the psi of the ski. It also bites into the side-hill better than the powder ski. But yes one can go with the wide ski if you wanted with no issues.

With no loose snow on a hardpack trail they do ok but this is not there strong spot now just add some loose snow or even as little as 2 inches and you can fly down the trails much better. When on the ice I found myself just hitting the banks and playing down the trails was allot of fun as well. Also you don't have to ride as much trail in most places as no matter how tight the trees or steep the banks you just zip right up and over the swithcbacks making the ride up on a bumpy trail well not so bumpy.

Last edited:

oscar

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Well that is a good feedback. I have only ridden a 2-moto. With the powder ski it did much better vs the stock ski. I guess everything is adjustable. I am really looking into this mountainhorse setup...

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
I suppose if you do a lot of trail riding you could profile the track like a snow hawk track. You would lose some of the deep snow abilities though. I suppose you could also find a way of getting the snow hawk ski on it also. That would really help it on the trails. The thing is there is always a trade off to each setup. Allen should test some trail setups. Maybe he could sell to some flatlanders like me. I do think this is the best bike kit so far. The power is still going to be short of a snow hawk, but it looks to handle fairly well. It would be awesome to get some of these kits out to hawkfest this year. Cooke City 2011. The more 1 skis the better.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Although hardpack trails are not the strongsuit of the Timbersled snowbike...they do very well and are predictable...

The beauty of these is that you wont find yourself on the trail much. Getting to the mountain with a snowbike, you discover all kinds of little pockets of terrain you could never use on your sled.

I was fortunate to ride the bikes a few times this past season... I'm not a good dirt-biker.... and I could handle this no problem.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
Here is some more pics of the Husaberg bike he just got done. Fit kit was the same as the 530 KTM so that was nice. Install time was 1.5hrs on this one and that was with snapping the pics. I can't wait to ride mine I just put in some orders for a customer for some 505's so there will be an option for those bikes as well soon.

012.jpg

016.jpg

033.jpg

041.jpg

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
I wished this was my Berg but it is another guys Berg mine will be done soon though I can't wait. I have to wait till he gets some other guys done that are ahead of me and a few of my customers first.

I asked about your kit today and I think he is waiting on a part or something but I know he said that so far it is going great.

Are you on the Husaberg forum??

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
I wished this was my Berg but it is another guys Berg mine will be done soon though I can't wait. I have to wait till he gets some other guys done that are ahead of me and a few of my customers first.

I asked about your kit today and I think he is waiting on a part or something but I know he said that so far it is going great.

Are you on the Husaberg forum??

i read on there from time to time.

are you doing the 570 or 650?

Premium Features