• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump spring?

R
Nov 20, 2009
I just recently saw a picture of a "extra" spring that was installed on the oil pump for return. I've searched but can't seem to locate it. Does anyone know that post? I'll be getting the FBF cables next week but want to ride this weekend and mine seems to be alittle sticky.

Last edited:
R
Nov 20, 2009
After messin' with the pump for awhile I notice that it was alittle dirty from clutch dust and whatever, I sprayed carb clean down at the spring and cable then used a blow gun attached to my air compresser and taped a vacum hose to a welding rod to reach down in "never never land" and after all the crud was cleaned out it seemed to not be so sticky, I have a newer spring that still has not worn out quite yet. It seem to free it up, it's kinda a bear to reach to clean but it worked, atlest for the time being. I have a friend that actually makes springs (he owns a company) and I'm going to show him this situation and I'm sure that he can make a spring that will fit. He races sleds profesionaly. I will get back to this unless there are other remedys for this. I can't see it costing that much if he makes one. Maybe something new?
He calls "springs" "wire" and he has many types of "wire". Sounds like a proto type is in call for. Something to think about....

Premium Features