• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

159 Powder Lite Track

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I have a 2002 Summit Highmark X 800. What would I all have to change to make a 159x16 Powder Lite track off of a 2007 Summit Rev Fit. I know that the 16 track will fit inside the tunnel. Now will I need to have rail extentions or will a big wheel kit soak up the extra. I also am wondering about the drive pitch. I am preaty sure that the drive pitch on mine is 2.52, I think the Powder lites on 2007 were the new 2.86 but I may be wrong. If that is the case and they are different then will I need to change drivers. I know that my track is 2" down the center and 1 3/4 down the outside I think. The powder lite would be 2.25 all around I believe, which really should not be a problem. Anyones input on this would be great. thank you

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.

yup you will need ext,8th drivers 2.52,turn the 2 screws in the foot well around (nut on the out side)rev chaincase bolts or grind the ones that r there,there is also 2 rivits in the top of the tunnel that it will hit,just notch track it looks just like 2 extra teeth wen you do it there in the center lug.the offset axle only lets you go 156 w/8inch wheels.did it to my 01

K

Kevin M

Jan 1, 2010
NW Montana
I have the same sled and just put a 163x16 2 1/4" Maverick track on mine. Left the stock rear wheels on. I'm told the big wheel kit would soak up another inch. Replaced the four 8 tooth stock drivers with 2 smaller 7 tooth external drivers. Added an SLP 4" rail extension. Dropped the front suspension mount holes 1/2" and moved back 1 3/4". Had to build a new aluminum plate for the inside and outside of the tunnel. Dropped the back mount 1" and moved back 1 3/4". Had to build a 3"x4" steel plate to add on to the factory plate. Put a a 3/16" spacer, or washers, between the tunnel and the suspension mounts to spread the tunnel slightly. (Port a power is very handy for this.) You'll need to grind the chaincase bolt on the front of the tunnel, as well as the two lower bolts that hold on the fuel rack in back, to about 1/2 their original thickness. Also as xpspensive says above, Need to do something about the footwell bolts. I put in cariage bolts with the nut on the outside of the tunnel. Grind down all the rivets in the tunnel a little too. Had a local sheet metal shop build me a tunnel extension. I decided to go out the extra 6 inches needed from the original, and bring it all the way to the back of the seat. Think it was 21 inches total length. Put a 3/4" flange on the bottom of the extension for extra strength. I rode it for the first time yesterday and OMG what a difference! I need to drop my limiter strap down some to get my transfer back. But other than that it's perfect so far. I'll take some pictures this week and post.
Kevin

Last edited:
Premium Features