• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Four Stroke Solutions LLC "Jacobson roll-over oil valve kit"??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I almost traded my Phazer in after rolling it over with my leg pinned on the throttle and about half my oil getting sucked into the airbox! Luckily I was riding with other four strokes and we had to siphon oil from their sleds to get it back to the truck. After that I always carried a spare quart, no need now, this kit rocks and is worth much, much more than the list price. Easy install and peace of mind, if you don't have one you should order one now!

Yup.
Same experience here.
Rolled the Phazer on a hill side and watched the oil come gushing out.

Summer project will add this new item to my other 2 yamahas as well.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
Bought this kit after rolling the sled over and the oil running out the air box before i could hit the kill switch, my buddy told me not to start it til i had tipped it back up for awhile to let the oil run back in. that was enough for me ordered one right away. this thing is great when your stuck just pull the tether and roll it all set.Easy to install also.Seriously only took me 25 minutes to put it in. The tether is easy to use and not in the way at all, just hook it to the lower d ring on your tek vest. Thanks again Viper

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Bought this kit after rolling the sled over and the oil running out the air box before i could hit the kill switch, my buddy told me not to start it til i had tipped it back up for awhile to let the oil run back in. that was enough for me ordered one right away. this thing is great when your stuck just pull the tether and roll it all set.Easy to install also.Seriously only took me 25 minutes to put it in. The tether is easy to use and not in the way at all, just hook it to the lower d ring on your tek vest. Thanks again Viper

:thumb:

Update; The rollover valve kits are available in a plug and play model! So it's even easier to install the kit now! More info at http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/newplugandplaymodel.htm
http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/ratesservices.htm
http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=9194287

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
How did this kit work out for ya?

The Kit worked out great!! It was an extremely tight fit with the MCX kit but managed to make it fit. I have had the sled up in it's side and it has come all the way over backwards and once the tether pulls it shuts the sled down with zero oil leak. Before I had this kit I had to carry a liter of oil in my back pack in case I rolled it. There are some pictures on the rollover kit website of my install.

If you have any other questions you can call me....just send me a PM.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
The Kit worked out great!! It was an extremely tight fit with the MCX kit but managed to make it fit. I have had the sled up in it's side and it has come all the way over backwards and once the tether pulls it shuts the sled down with zero oil leak. Before I had this kit I had to carry a liter of oil in my back pack in case I rolled it. There are some pictures on the rollover kit website of my install.

Thanks I appreciate it, I'll have to grab one for my ride as well.:face-icon-small-win

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Original (non-plug and play) close-out sale

Since I came out with the plug and play rollover valve kit, demand for the original (non-plug and play) has dropped off. While demand for the new plug and play units is strong. So I have decided to concentrate on building the plug and play kits!

I still have a few of the original kits left though. (These are the same kits that I sold all last season)
The remaining non-plug and play kits in stock are now on a "close-out special" for $120 plus shipping! While supplies last.

Bill

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Since I came out with the plug and play rollover valve kit, demand for the original (non-plug and play) has dropped off. While demand for the new plug and play units is strong. So I have decided to concentrate on building the plug and play kits!

I still have a few of the original kits left though. (These are the same kits that I sold all last season)
The remaining non-plug and play kits in stock are now on a "close-out special" for $120 plus shipping! While supplies last.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I am interested in getting one of these for my MCX Apex,has anyone done a install on the Apex?
Any help will be appreciated,I don't want too carry oil in my backpack...

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Hi Dave

I thought I would pass along some info that I have on the Apex so far.

There are a couple rollover valve kits out there on Apex's so far. I have personaly done one install on a S/C Apex. The pics on my web site are from this install.
Plans are in works for installing a roll-over valve on a stock Apex as well. I hope to get feed back from that installation as the season progresses.

What I can tell you is the wiring harness, tether, and LED will all fit the Apex. The plug and play connectors fit, and the system functions correctly.
The breather hose on the supercharged Apex is 3/4" and I have a few valves that are sized for the 3/4" hose. Your MCX kit may use 3/4" hose as well.

On an Apex, the valve needs to be installed in the hose that runs from the crankcase, to what would have been the air box. This hose may be routed down to the belly pan now and may have some type of filter on the end. This is common on most boosted kits, since there is no longer an air box!
The hose that runs from the crankcase, to the top of the oil tank is the oil return line. Do not install the valve in this hose.

The shut-off valve can be located almost anywhere in the breather hose. Although it's best to have it as close to the engine as possible. To reduce the amount of oil stored in the hose. The valve performs best when it is mounted at an angle, with the solenoid end of the valve is angled up about 45 degrees. This allows the oil vapor to drain from the valve quickly during normal operation, and helps provide a fast response time during valve closure.

Because the valve is mounted up by oil tank on Nytro/Phazer's, it very easy to position it correctly for best performance! With an Apex things are a little tighter under the hood, thats one big engine in there! Less room to work with in certain areas.

If you have some pic's of your MCX breather set-up, I may be able to tell if there is a good location for the shut-off valve to be mounted.

Bill

Last edited:

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Thanks Bill, I'll be in the same boat as Dave, been wanting one of these kits forever, even tried to loan you my sled, lol.

LOL! If only we lived closer, I like riding loaner sleds:)

Seriously though, I just want to make sure everything fits/works as it should. Also that the installation process goes smoothly, before I officially release an Apex kit.:thumb:

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
A buddy and I decided to get a booth at the WA state snowmobile expo Oct 16-17th. I'll have some rollover valve kits, and my buddy has cabins for rent on the Baker lake road turn-off.
Not a lot of bling, just a couple old guys B.S.'n about sledding!
We'll be near the Yamaha display, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Bill

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Anyone using/installed this on a Impulse Nytro?

Or MTN_VIPER, can you confirm the usage/install on an Impulse turbo?

Rotax

Yes, there are quite a few out there on Impulse Nytros:thumb:
The system functions the same as if it was on a stock sled. With exception that the vent hose is routed down towards the belly pan on most of the guy's set-ups. Instead of to the air box, which of course is no longer there.

Depending on if your long vent hose is 5/8" heater hose, or 5/8" emission hose. I recommend using a section (approx 3") of the OEM Yamaha vent hose if you still have it, or 5/8" emissions hose to attach the valve to the tank.
These two types of hose provide the best seal/fit on the short fitting of the valve, since they are resistant to oil/fuel vapors. They do not swell over time when exposed to oil, like heater hose can.
If you no longer have a section of the OEM Yamaha vent hose to use, 5/8" emissions/fuel hose can be found at most larger NAPA/auto parts stores.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
I have had couple guys who bought an original (non-plug and play) kits last spring. But haven't installed the kit yet, wanting to know if they're kit could be converted to plug and play.
Ask and shall receive! I recently came up with a small pigtail harness, that will convert an original non-plug and play kit to plug and play.

Bill

plug and play pigtail harness.jpg

Last edited:

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.

I added some more info to the web site for the MCX guys! Basically there are a couple of options for valve location.
The prefered location is between the oil tank and MCX aluminum tee, where Summitseeker has his mounted. Since it will help prevent oil from draining into the MCX surge tank while the sled is on it's side. The fit can be fairly tight at this location though. Due to the tee using some of the space allowed for the roll-over valve.
The valve can also be mounted in the long vent line that exits from the top of the MCX surge tank (outlet hose). Usually there is more room to work with, when mounting the valve in the oulet hose.
With the roll-over valve in the surge tank outlet hose, oil could still drain into the surge tank however it would be stopped from leaking out on to the snow. Once the sled is back up-right the oil will drain out of the MCX surge tank, back into the oil tank.http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8311133

Bill

H

hotliner23

Nov 28, 2008
Billings,MT
got mine last week but seems it wanted to freeze up or jam or something. the thing gets real warm when it trys to close and cant. i warmed it up inside then went out and tried it again and it still wouldn't close. called oft they are sending me a new one good guys to work with. it is acually a very good part to have on a four stroke. must have gotten a bad one.

Premium Features