• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need longer park brake cable

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I am guessing all the 4 strokes are the same on both ends, just wondering which one is longer, the Apex mtx or the nytro mtx. They are different part numbers.

Does anyone know which one I should order. I have already re-routed the stock one on my xtx and now with the relocate kit It is not nearly long enough.

thanks,

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
just get the parking brake elimination kit from MPI and be done with it. Replaces the cable and extra caliper with a lever lock just like all the other brands.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
yeah, I have seen that, but if i remember right they are pretty proud of it and for around $20 I can just get a longer cable. If I can find out which one is longer.

I will have to take a look at mpi's page and check price to be sure.

Anyone know the lengths of these cables??

Thanks

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Holy $h it Just looked at mpi and $119 for this kit. Looks nice but I think I will go with a cable if i can get the right one.

M
Jan 14, 2004
If you want to save $$ just remove the whole park brake system and use a velcro cord wrap from Home Depot on the regular brake lever. They cost 99 cents for 3 and you'll drop a couple of lbs off the sled at the same time. I've been doing it for years just leave a couple of the ties wrapped around your handlebars and when you need it pull one off and wrap it around the lever,

M5

S
Feb 4, 2008
Seattle wa
best way!!

There is another solution!! use a small bolt with a ziptie wrapped near the head and tape the other end of the ziptie to the handlebar. squeeze the lever and look at the front side there is a place to wedge the bolt in. works just like any of the factory levers. you'll have to measure the gap I dont recall exactly what size bolt you need. this is the best its mechanical and velcro doesn't work when snow is froze in it.

Premium Features