• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 rmk clutching

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Fitler, I will check out the bearing in question and we'll get your alignment and "float" on the secondary right with the world. Did you send out the Primary to Dan yet?

As info for the rest of you, I've got Fitler's sled in my garage to help him with everything he's doing on it. He's sending his primary to IndyDan for Rebuild and balance anyway so I think he's probably best served by having him set up the clutching and I can help tweak for fine tuning if needed as I don't have a ton of time with 900's specifically to have a good base line for him to start with and don't want to run him out of $$ in the process. I've got all the tools necessary for the rebuild but I told him to send it to Dan for balance anyway and that he should do the rebuild while it's there since he seems to be the best.

We're doing 19/43 gearing, a 153" PC track, Holz front and rear with a really badazz shock package, 2 wheels on the skid, and a few other little things along with general maintenance.

I checked the pistons last night and they are updated to the 06 pistons and he's running an SLP Pipe and Head, stock reeds, and I'm hoping that the porting hasn't been touched (just from a clutching setup standpoint) and from the looks of the Exhaust ports it has not. It also has SLP torque stops in it and I plan on yanking the motor anyway to check the mounts just to be on the safe side.

I will do the obvious general maintenance things and fix any issues that show up (lube, grease, filters, check tps, look over wiring, etc) If there are any items you all know off that are past issues that might not be on my radar please speak up. I've read almost all the 900 threads but reading retention isn't always 100% if ya know what I mean.

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
MH

Have you or anyone else you know of drilled a small hole in the seal of that bearing and used a needle to grease it? might be an option to make a greaseable bearing out of it. I've done it before on different bearings on farm and heavy equipment to prolong bearing life as they are many times much more difficult to change out than the bearing in question. Just a thought.

Other option I'm thinking is if it could be swapped with a greaseable bearing that crosses over to that dimensionally and add a zerk to the mounting flanges.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Sledguy had a bit of a write up on the bearing setup..

You could use a greasable flangette from an Indy sled and the driveshaft bearing that has the grease holes in it for this location... I dont have any other info on that...you'll have to do some head scratching...

Weather you use a sealed bearing or a greaseable one... make sure you replace it if it has some miles on it.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Main reasons for the 19/43 are

1. I have a the gears laying around
2. The elevation here steals torque from any motor many areas have parking lots about 10K
3. I'm personally a big proponent of deap gears especially for boondocking I'm even thinking of gearing down my TRMK7 a touch to have a little more grunt on the bottom, but I'm going to fiddle with a couple other things first to see if it's the route I want to go.

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
Fitler, I will check out the bearing in question and we'll get your alignment and "float" on the secondary right with the world. Did you send out the Primary to Dan yet?

Primary was sent priority on wed. I called Dan and he helped me with helix info. waiting on his call back for weight and spring info.
Helix, chain and track are in. ordering the drivers today. Waiting on chain case cover. should be shipped 1st week of sept.
Been having a hard time getting the extended oil/throttle cable from fbf. I think i just missed a shipment.
I'll order the bearing as soon as i know exactly what to order. Can i get a part# from anyone? I think it may be 3514352 but not sure.
Thanks for everyone's time. Really appreciated.

Last edited:
Premium Features