• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken drive shafts?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Is anyone else just completely blown away that Polaris still hasn't fixed the root cause of this issue?

No more so than anything else in the world today.

Our "Injustice System" protects the criminals and harasses the victims. Civil orders are apparently just guidelines for the honest amount us, and are not enforceable until after they are violated and even then you must go back to court and make it a legitimate criminal offense before law enforcement will stop playing on their phones and do something.

Most people these days are not qualified for their jobs, even if they had enough work ethic to actually do them.

There is a chronic case of nobody giving a sh!t about anything anymore, as long as they have internet or cell service so the idiots can play on their smart phone.

I could go on, but don't think anybody reading this will have enough drive to get pissed off and try and change anything about how they are, that causes these things to just spiral down the sh!tter.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Poo could fix this really quick.

Ditch the "lite weight" drive shaft that comes on the QD sleds and go back to the splined steel shaft that is on the chaincase models. I bought a new steel shaft for a 17 Pro-RMK 3" track, removed the stock drivers, installed Avid 7T 3" pitch drivers to run the 3.2" track. I have 8T 2.86 Avids on my original QD lite weight drive shaft and the weight difference between the two was minimal. I just have to make sure I put some grease or anti-sieze on the splines prior to installing the lower QD sprocket and you have to buy the shorter 20 - 25mm bolt for it.

Premium Features