• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8000 SP shock pressure

L
Feb 7, 2019
Hi,

What shock pressure do you think is suitable for a M8000 Sno Pro ES, 153? For riding in the snow, sidehilling etc.

I'm about 190 lbs ready to ride.

(you all probably already know that it's not the same shocks as for the MC, alpha and Hardcore. And sorry for the language, english is not my main language).

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
QS3 are regular floats with the damping adjustability so I would try what people with Alphas and MC are running. 60 in the ski shocks, 40-60 in the front track and 135 in the rear track shock.

L
Feb 7, 2019
Okay, thanks. I will try it out. The front track shock is a spring type shock, not adjustable with the air pump. So its a bit harder with that one. Guess i will adjust the skid shock and the rear tack to begin with.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Keep playing with the front track shock pressure. I had to go up to 70psi on my 18 Mountain Cat to get the front end to feel light and playful.

Helped with hill climbing as well.

Good luck.

L
Feb 7, 2019
Keep playing with the front track shock pressure. I had to go up to 70psi on my 18 Mountain Cat to get the front end to feel light and playful.

Helped with hill climbing as well.

Good luck.

Okay. As i said, there is no air shock in the front track on the M-Sno Pro, there is a spring-shock. It is adjustable, but not as easy to calibrate as the air-pressure-shock.
Anyhow, thanks for the input!

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I should have been more clear. I understood you have coil-overs. My point was it may take more than just a few twists before you are good.

So many suspensions are never set up correctly because the rider doesn't take the time. A well tuned suspension paired with a strong motor and good rider are typically the leaders of the pack.

L
Feb 7, 2019
I should have been more clear. I understood you have coil-overs. My point was it may take more than just a few twists before you are good.

So many suspensions are never set up correctly because the rider doesn't take the time. A well tuned suspension paired with a strong motor and good rider are typically the leaders of the pack.

Ahh, i see. Easy to missunderstand when english is not my main language.

Again, thanks for the tip!

Premium Features