• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cracked Fuel Filler Neck MC 600

H
Jan 3, 2016
My 02 MC600 has developed the famous crack in the fuel filler neck. Before I spend the money to order a new one from Cat I thought I would try to find out if anybody knows where I might find a used tank or if there is any solid repair options. Every dealer I have spoke with says they have not had much luck with repairs. I did find one that claims he can plastic weld it. Ideas??

BTW, I am new to the forum and have 3 Mountain Cats. Very nice to see the 1M sleds going strong on this forum!!!!!

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I had a 02 800 with a cracked neck, I replaced with a used one I found off the swap meet here, I would think you could use black gasket maker silicon to fill crack, once that dries cover with shoe goo, I think the best fix is replacing as I was afraid of hitting with my knee while riding and have the whole neck come off. By the way my 09 M1000 has the same issue that developed over the summer. Sitting in a enclosed trailer, went to move it around and noticed gas. Cat is replacing this tank, just part no labor, I found a good dealer in IA to take care of the replacement tank.

H
Jan 3, 2016
Bondic is cool, but does not hold up to gas. It sounds like a new tank is in my future. Thankfully Arctic Cat still offers them.

Thanks for the tips.

S
Jan 18, 2010
NY
I just fixed one,but have not tried it to see how it will hold,but the repair fit very snug, looks good, my neck had snapped off completely below the threads.I went to the hardware store and purchased a pvc coupler,and a product called seal all. Hit every thing with 80 grit paper and green scotch pad,then took a dremel and cut some veins on all sides to allow glue a better place to lay.Sand the pvc well as it fits very snug.Seal all is gas and oil resistant.Be sure to seat pvc down in the neck at least 1/4" or the gas cap gasket flange will hit,and not allow the gasket to contact the neck.Think I'm into 8 bucks a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiit cheaper then a tank.

A
Dec 14, 2007
Anchorage
I've got a broken neck on my 01 also. After doing some research I've discovered that a 2" PVC (white plastic) plastic pipe coupler is 2 3/4" od. Just the right size to fit in my neck. I'm going to coarse sand the outside of it and the inside of the neck, then smear a bunch of JB Weld after trimming to length and shove it together.

White colored PVC will not degrade in gasoline unlike the back ABS pipe.

Premium Features